- 10 min ago Beauty Industry Challenges In 2023 And Viable Solutions
- 1 hr ago Bhasm Aarti At Mahakaleshwar, Ujjain: Procedures And Aartis By Naga Sadhus
- 3 hrs ago Valentine's Day 2023: Are We Forging Relationships Under Pressure, Saying Things About Love That Aren't True?
- 3 hrs ago World Cancer Day: Types Of Common Cancer Reported In Indian Children; Can It Be Prevented?
- Finance 5 Penny Stocks Under Rs 6 That Locked In Upper Circuit On Feb 3, 2023
- Technology Realme 10 Pro Coca-Cola Edition India Launch Confirmed: Pre-Booking May Earn Free Smartphone
- Sports WPL 2022: Gujarat Giants appoint Rachael Haynes, Nooshin Al Khadeer and Tushar Arothe as coaches
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Sumbul Touqeer In Danger Zone; Here Are The 4 Milestones Achieved By Her Ahead Of Grand Finale
- News Indian pharma recalls eye drops linked to infection death in US
- Travel Do You Plan to Take a Solo trip in 2023? Know How Travel Insurance Helps
- Education UGC NET December Exam 2022: Exam City Intimation Link will be available soon; Check Details Here
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny Bags More Than 15,000 Bookings – Longer Waiting Period Expected
Old age can be a terrifying concept for many people. It is true that the regenerative capacity of the body will decline with old age, making you more prone to old age related health issues.
There are many studies going on about the various health problems of old age, which is called geriatrics.
It is important to be prepared to face the various health issues that you may experience as you near your old age. Apart from physical health problems of old age, there will be mental stress and anxiety as well due to social reasons.
YOU MAY LIKE: How To Prevent Heart Attack: Tips
Knowing the common health problems of old age people will help you manage your life and lifestyle to reduce its impact. Some planning and preparations can make your old age more beautiful. The ability to deal with health problems of old age will make the task easier.
Here are some of the important health problems of old age that you should know about. Awareness of these problems will help you to plan for an optimum health even in your twilight years.
Osteoporosis is one of the major health problems many old people face. Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become very fragile. This will increase the chance of fracture due to decreased bone density. The risk for osteoporosis is more in women after menopause.
Vision deterioration is one of the most common health problems in old people. In macular degeneration, the macula, which helps to sense and transmit images to the brain, is affected. This medical condition is usually found in elderly people above the age of 50.
Hearing loss is an important issue that many senior citizens face. The most common form of age-related hearing loss is presbycusis. Older people may need a hearing aid because the ability to hear high frequency sound may decrease over time.
Glaucoma is one among the health problems of old people, which is due to an increase in the fluid pressure inside the eye. This increased pressure will cause damage to the optic nerve resulting in loss of vision.
Alzheimer's disease is another serious issue in the list of health problems of old age. Once you get Alzheimer's disease, your ability to remember and think will be affected. Memory lapse is the common problem that will be noted in the early stage.
Cognitive impairment will cause memory loss and your ability to correlate things and do calculations will decrease over time. The affected person will be confused and the ability to take up more than one task at a time will be affected.
Urinary incontinence is one of the most annoying health problems of old age people. Women are most likely to have this condition due to decreased strength of the pelvic muscle. Men who have enlarged prostate may also experience this difficulty.
Arthritis is a common condition that almost all old people have to face. This is mainly an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by joint pain and deformities. Arthritis commonly affects fingers, hips, knees, wrists, and spine.
Obesity and other related issues during old age are mainly due to metabolic syndrome. This may further lead to Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and high blood pressure.
Health problems of old age are not limited to physical disabilities. Old age can affect your mental health also because of various social aspects. This may create discomfort both to you and your family. Make sure you share and discuss your problems with close family and friends s that they can support you in every possible way.
- love and romanceHow Can Elderly Couples Show Genuine Love? Top 10 Tips To Follow
- wellnessLoss Of Grip Strength In The Hands May Indicate Premature Ageing
- wellnessWhy Do We Feel Lonely As We Age? Study Explains Reasons
- wellnessOld Age Is A Risk Factor For Pneumonia Due To The Omicron Variant: Study
- parents and childrenEffective Ways To Make Your Home Safer For Ageing Family Members
- healthAlzheimer's Month: MTV 'Memory Karaoke’ In A Bid To Empower Persons With Early Alzheimer's Disease
- wellness10 Early And Late End-of-life Symptoms In Older Adults
- wellnessInternational Day Of Older Persons 2019: 10 Common Health Concerns For Seniors
- wellnessThe Effects Of Ageing On The Brain
- wellnessFacts About Depression In Elderly
- wellnessWe Can’t Reverse Ageing But Can Make It Pleasant; For That Take These Ingredients More
- wellnessWhat Makes Your Bones Weak?