- 32 min ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- 46 min ago Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- 1 hr ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 2 hrs ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- Movies Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Are Pure BFF Goals In These Lovely Pictures
- News India has a protective shield of 100 crore vaccine doses: PM Modi
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Finance This Small-Cap IT Company To Consider Interim Dividend On October 26
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
Home is the best thing in the world - except if you are allergic to your house. Many people are reported to be allergic to something or the other inside their own houses.
These are some indoor allergies that are caused due to indoor allergens like dust, moth, dirt and mosquito. Pets are also responsible for causing allergies. There are some people who are allergic to dog fur and cat hair as well.
Indoor allergens are more prominent in areas like the bedroom, bathroom and playrooms. The allergens can cause rashes, boils and respiratory problems like sneezing, coughing, asthma and so on.
Every person has a different allergic reaction to an allergen, and hence it is essential to know how to prevent indoor allergies at home.
In this article we will find ways to free the house from indoor allergens and make it allergy free. To prevent indoor allergies, survey your house and find the possible allergens.
This should be the first step for making your house allergy proof. Once you know the cause of allergies, you may take one of the following steps.
Detoxify the house
There are several ways by which allergens can penetrate the house. One common source is cigarettes. Cigarettes have a lot of toxins in them. Cigarette smoke contains harmful chemicals that can increase the allergens in the house. The chemical toxins that cause allergies are also proven bad for health. Therefore, one tip to prevent indoor allergies is to make your home a ‘no smoking' zone. Do not allow anybody to smoke inside the house.
The major indoor allergies are caused by dust and dirt. Dust can cause rashes, breathing problems and uneasiness. To prevent dust from entering the house, you have to use a few precautions. Dusting the house regularly is one common precaution. Apart from that you must keep the furniture and accessories clean. Wash the pillow covers, bed covers and blankets regularly. These are some things that have dust accumulated on them. Also to prevent dust you may keep the windows closed; use dust traps if necessary.
Moth traps and Mosquito traps
Moth, flies and mosquitoes can also be a cause for allergies. A good tip to prevent indoor allergies is using moth traps or mosquito traps. Use these traps outside the main doors and windows to keep these out of your home. There are electrical and mechanical traps available in the market. You may also use certain insect sprays which would kill the existing moth and mosquito population in your house.
Pets are also one major cause of allergies at home. Pets like dogs and cats lose hair frequently. The hair and fur of these animals can trigger an allergy in many people. One good tip to prevent indoor allergies due to pets is by maintaining and caring for the pets. The animals should be cleaned, washed and their hair should be trimmed every once in a while. There are some medicinal shampoos and creams that prevent hair fall for animals. These are a few ways by which you can avoid any allergens that irritate any person.
Avoid strong incense
Some people are reported to be allergic to strong smelling perfumes or room fresheners. If you are one of them, avoid using heavily scented perfumes, incense sticks, room fresheners and bathroom fresheners. The pungent smell can cause severe cold, headache and even nausea at times.
So keep these tips in mind if you want to make your home free of allergies.