- 3 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 4 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 5 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Movies Empuraan: Prithviraj Sukumaran Dedicates The Lucifer Sequel To This Legendary Actor!
- News ‘To silence a critic’: Rahul Gandhi backs Kunal Kamra
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Many people are in the habit of purchasing medicines at their own without any medical consultation. Self medication is one of the worst health habits among us all. There are certain misconceptions about some common drugs that almost all of us foster. This can cause many health related problems. So, you better break these misconceptions and know the truth behind these common drugs available in all the medicine stores.
Sleeping Pills- Almost all sleeping pills are highly addictive. The worst part is that they interfere with the brain function. Such common drugs also disrupt the normal health cycle of an individual. Also, with time the body becomes resistant to the regular dosage that you have. This has been proved by research that sleeping pills worsen present health conditions by bringing in depression. The natural cycles that make us feel rested and refreshed after a night's sleep is hampered by the sleeping pills.
Almost all sleeping pills are highly addictive. The natural cycles that make us feel refreshed after a night's sleep is hampered by the sleeping pills.
The antacids that you take might cause more harm than good. This is one of the common drugs that disrupts the natural digestive system of the body.
Cough and Cold Medications
Almost all cough and cold medicines are harmful for the kids.These medicines have a side effect as an overdose of these common drugs might even lead to death.
Most of us have a habit of self medication especially when it comes to headaches. These medicines might give temporary relief But they have worse side effects in the long run.
Medicines For Depression
The medicines that people have for depression can have harmful side affects. You might grow fat with it.
Antacid- The antacids that you take might cause more harm than good. If taken occasionally and in serious cases then it is fine. But, many people develop the habit of taking an antacid as soon as they start feeling a bad stomach. This is one of the common drugs that disrupts the natural digestive system of the body. Then your body cannot absorb all the nutrients fully. This leads to poor health conditions like peptic ulcer, piles, kidney stones etc.
Cough and Cold Medications- Almost all cough and cold medicines are harmful for the kids. They affect the lungs. You should never go for self medication in these cases. These medicines have a side effect as an overdose of these common drugs might even lead to death.
Headache Medicines- Most of us have a habit of self medication especially when it comes to headaches. We all have kept in our mids the names of some common drugs that we take as soon as a headache strikes us. They might give temporary relief, but have worse side effects in the long run. Try going for a head massage instead to get relief from a headache.
Medicines For Depression- The medicines that people have for depression can have harmful side affects. These medicines alter an area of the brain that regulates both serotonin and the glucose levels. This is the reason why you grow fat with the intake of these medicines. Medicines for depression thus worsens the health conditions of a person.
Try to avoid all these common drugs and go for natural alternatives instead. This way you will remain healthier and better than before.