- 52 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Vasant Navratri is a Hindu festival which is widely followed across North India and is dedicated to Goddess Durga, Saraswati and Lakshmi. The Vasant Navratri fast which starts from the 4th of April goes on for nine days and in these nine days, the devotee needs to fast with very restricted food intake. The food restrictions during the Vasant Navratri fast, promoted good health but at the same time if the diet is not followed properly, it might lead to serious health issues.
The healthy Navartri foods should aim at maintaining the nutrition balance in the body. Food during fasting becomes a problem specially for people who live outside home, in hostels or in PG etc.
Here is Healthy Navratri Foods for you -
1.Include a lot of milk in your diet. Milk is a whole meal, high in nutrient and a great source of energy. During fast drinking milk can be a torture, thus you can make cottage cheese out of it and eat it instead. Cottage cheese can be made in home. Bring milk to boil and then add few spoons of lemon juice into it. Soon the milk will start curdling. The water content which is left behind too has health benefits and is best treatment for stomach disorders. Eat the cottage cheese and drink this water.
2.Banana and curd together can make one of the best Navratri foods. They are rich source of calcium, potassium, fat and magnesium. A bowl of curd and banana can be eaten twice a day.
3.Fruits have always been fast friendly. They are filling as well as are a great body cleanser. Eat a lot of fruits through out the day. Fruits is best teamed up with warm milk. If taken with milk, avoid citrus fruits. Fruits like apple, mango etc can be taken with milk.
4.Acidity can be a common health problem during fasting. The best Navratri food to avoid acidity or cure acidity is to have cold milk and cream together. This cures acidity instantly.
5.During fasting make sure to maintain the body heat. Some of the Navratri foods are fried. Avoid them as much as possible. Fried food increases body heat which can be hazardous during fasting. Thus prefer grilled, baked or roasted food. If a dish needs to be fired, try using olive oil instead of refined oil.
6.The best energy food is Sabudana. It is a rich source of carbohydrates and thus, a great source of energy. Other sources of energy are banana and cucumber.
Try these six Navratri foods for a healthy fasting. The basis aim behind this nine day fasting in Vasant Navratri is to cleanse the body and rest the system. The restricted diet and healthy food regulates the digestive system, helps cleanse the body and maintain the body temperature. Have a healthy Vasant Navratri.