- 10 hrs ago 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- 13 hrs ago Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- 15 hrs ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 15 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2022: India Legends beat Sri Lanka Legends by 33 runs to lift trophy
- News Swachh Survekshan 2022: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Cong's Nath hail top ranks for MP, Indore
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Automobiles 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Smile and shine bright like a diamond... and what if it is true? Style, presentability, self-awareness and fashion have never been more crucial than today. Dental jewellery forms an integral part of this changing culture. Cosmetic dentistry has gained incomparable fame in the past decade. Rampant urbanization, easy access to the media, and disposable incomes have affected our social life. Dental appearance assesses a person's social status, intellect, and job prospects.
Let's discuss a few ideas for spicing up your style statement.
1. Tooth gems:
These are glass crystals mounted on an aluminium foil. The multifaceted crystals reflect light and sparkle. Available colours are diamond, rainbow, ruby, sapphire, emerald, emerald green, aquamarine, pink, and sapphire light .
These are small attachments of 24-carat gold, white gold, or precious stones like diamond, sapphires, and ruby. The bonding surface of a twinkle is patented and resembles that of braces. A famous Swedish brand Twindent AB has premium quality twinkles.
3. Tooth rings:
These are tiny noble metal rings attached to the edge of the tooth. They require drilling of the tooth before attachment.
4. Dental grill:
Popular in the American hip-hop culture, this bling piece of jewellery is custom-made. Usually cast into a mould, it is made of noble metals like gold and can be embellished with gems and stones .
It usually covers the front teeth and is a prominent style statement.
5. Tooth tattoos:
Quite a misnomer as no pigments are injected into the enamel. The ceramic cap covering the tooth has a tattoo on it. These tattoos can be removable and permanent.
Sabre tooth tiger tattoos, claw tattoos, shark tattoos and images of popular figures are commonly imprinted on the caps.
It is invasive since the tooth needs to be shaped before fixing the cap.
On a scientific note, these dental add-ons have gained importance in forensics. They are used in human identification. Tooth stones/rings, tooth tattoos, tongue piercings, lip rings, dental implants, and caps/posts/pins are indispensable to forensics. These usually withstand high temperatures (incinerations) and are virtually indestructible .
Dental jewellery is a quirky piece of ornament that has become a style statement for teenagers. However, it is mandatory to maintain good oral hygiene when sporting them.
- oral careExpert Article: What Is Root Canal Therapy? Can A Root Canal Treated Tooth Pain Again?
- oral careExpert Article: Latest Trends In Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
- wellnessExpert Article: Healthy Lifestyle, The Ayurveda Way: Importance Of Dincharya
- wellnessWorld Oral Health Unified Week: How Does Frequent Vomiting Affect Oral Health? Ways To Prevent Teeth Damage
- oral care7 Causes Of Tooth Pain In The Morning And Home Remedies To Ease It
- healthBad Oral Health Will Not Only Get You In Trouble With The Dentist But Could Also Raise COVID Risk
- oral careMask Mouth: How Face Masks Are Affecting Oral Health And How You Can Prevent It
- prenatalPregnancy Gingivitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Other Details
- wellness40 Best Superfoods To Maintain Oral Health
- disorders cureDry Mouth (Xerostomia): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- disorders curePeriodontitis: Symptoms, Causes, Risk factors, Treatment And Prevention
- oral careCoffee Stains On Teeth: Related Risks And How To Remove Them