- 6 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 7 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR: Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni doesn't want anyone to say he's unfit
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Have you ever tried garlic salt before? This salt is known to possess some incredible health benefits. Whether you're dealing with high cholesterol or digestive problems, garlic salt has the solution for everything.
So, what do you know about garlic salt?
Garlic salt is a seasoning salt that is made by mixing dried ground garlic and table salt. This salt is made up of three parts of salt and one part of garlic powder.
Most of the culinary properties and medicinal benefits of its constituent garlic is contained in this type of salt. Just like garlic, even garlic salt is equally beneficial for our health.
Garlic salt is the next big thing when it comes to promoting health. People often get confused between garlic salt and other spices like garlic powder, granulated garlic or minced garlic. Garlic salt is actually obtained from all of these.
Here, we have listed some of the best health benefits of garlic salt. Read further to know what is garlic salt good for.
1. Lowers Cholesterol:
Garlic salt is effective in Iowering LDL or bad cholesterol and also increases the HDL or good cholesterol in the body. It is the property of garlic powder in garlic salt that helps lower the cholesterol levels.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar:
Garlic salt raises the blood insulin levels naturally. Hence, this makes it an ideal remedy for high blood sugar and can help control diabetes.
3. Reduces Blood Pressure:
Garlic salt like other forms of garlic can help reduce blood pressure. Garlic contains compounds that can relax and dilate the blood vessels, ease the blood flow and in turn reduce blood pressure. A recent study has shown that garlic capsules help reduce blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
4. It Is Anti-inflammatory In Nature:
Garlic salt is an effective anti-inflammatory agent that helps fight inflammation. It is widely used to treat inflammatory disorders such as bronchitis and rhinitis. The sulphur-containing compounds of garlic are what give this salt its anti-inflammatory property.
5. It Is Mineral And Vitamin Rich:
Garlic powder, which is used to make garlic salt, is very nutritious and rich in many essential vitamins and minerals. Hence, it is considered healthy to incorporate this in your day-to-day meals.
6. It Is Anti-Carcinogenic In Nature:
Garlic is full of antioxidants that can eliminate free radicals from the body. Garlic salt can increase the number of antioxidants in the body, thus preventing cancer and inhibiting cancerous cells. This is one of the top health benefits of garlic salt.
7. Improves Bone Health:
Garlic salt helps you overcome oestrogen deficiency. The deficiency of oestrogen is the direct contributor to bone deterioration. Hence, consuming garlic helps in promoting bone health. So, if you have been wondering what is garlic salt good for, you have got your answer.
Garlic salt, like garlic, has the properties of a stimulant that helps promote and instigate a variety of processes in the body. It contains allium, which is a known stimulant that initiates various processes in the body.
9. Treats Scurvy:
Garlic salt contains a good amount of vitamin C that helps treat vitamin deficiencies like scurvy and also protects you from a range of other diseases.
10. Improves Digestion:
Garlic salt is rich in dietary fibre, which is a bulking agent and it helps move the stools smoothly along the digestive tract. Fibre also helps in easing conditions such as constipation. This is one of the best benefits of garlic salt.