Monsoon is the time when we eat all kinds of piping hot junk foods, as the weather is incredibly cold and humid outside.
But monsoon is also the time when diseases, especially those targeting the digestive system, are rampant.
Poor digestion can lead to a condition called cellular starvation that can lower the metabolism and increase fat storage.
It also reduces the immunity of the body and makes you susceptible to many diseases that are associated with this season, like cold and flu.
Hence, it is necessary that you take precautions to fight against these diseases. It is time that we keep our body resistant against these diseases by boosting our immunity.
You must also make it a habit to regularly drink boiled water and avoid street foods.
In this article, we have mentioned to you about the foods that help boost immunity. Read further to know about the list of foods to boost the immune system.
1. Hot Soups:
A bowl of chicken broth is the best thing that helps you when you want to eat light. It contains a good amount of protein and starch. It fights against bacteria and viruses and prevents common cold and flu. This is one of the best monsoon immunity-boosting foods to fight diseases.
2. Yogurt And Other Fermented Foods:
Probiotics, the good bacteria present in these foods, can help boost the immune system. It does this by stimulating the immune response to fight diseases and promote beneficial bacterial growth in the gut. This is one of the top foods that helps boost immunity.
3. Dry Fruits And Nuts:
Dry fruits provide the essential vitamins and minerals for building the immunity-boosting cells. These contain vitamin E, niacin and riboflavin that help keep the cells healthy. This is one of the best foods to increase immunity power in the body.
4. Dark Green Leafy Vegetables:
Leafy greens are a good source of vitamins A, C and E as well as folate, antioxidants and fibre. These vitamins have an antioxidant action that help with cell function and integrity.
Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins and antioxidants. B vitamins help with the healthy immune system functioning and selenium is linked with a decreased risk of several infections.
6. Indian Spices:
Immunity-boosting spices like turmeric, mustard, asafoetida, coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cloves, etc., help with digestion and flush out the sinuses from the body.
A cup of black tea can help boost the immunity. They are packed with polyphenols, flavonoids and antioxidants that destroy the free radicals which can damage the healthy cells. This tops the list of foods to boost the immune system.
- Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Men To Follow This Season!
- Nutritious Foods To Eat During The Monsoons
- Spices You Must Include In Your Diet This Monsoon
- This Homemade Concoction Can Keep You Healthy During The Rainy Season!
- Mumbai Flood: Infection Risks & Ways To Prevent Them
- How To Protect Yourself From Germs During Monsoon
- Top 5 Expert-Recommended Ayurvedic Tips To Take Care Of Your Body This Monsoon
- Is It Good To Eat Fish In Rainy Season?
- Makeup Products That Should Be Avoided During Monsoon
- Five Ways Triphala Can Help You Maintain Digestive Wellness This Monsoon
- Common Beauty Problems During Monsoon With Their Home Remedies
- Reasons You Should Eat More Plums During Monsoon
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit