In the rural areas of India, people have their daily dose of buttermilk and yes, they enjoy its health benefits. Especially, during the summer season, buttermilk helps in withstanding the heat.
Buttermilk is made of curd, water and some spices. Curry leaves, cumin seeds, salt and ginger powder are the main ingredients of buttermilk.
Also Read: Why Buttermilk Is Beneficial For Summer?
As curd contains beneficial bacteria, buttermilk is good for digestion and is also low in calories. In fact, those who suffer constipation can have a glass of buttermilk in the morning.
Reduces Burning Sensation
When you are suffering from acidity, drinking buttermilk can cool down the burning sensation in your stomach. It can also minimise the irritation caused by acid reflux.
It Flushes And Soothes
When you drink a glass of buttermilk, your stomach feels soothed. This is because it flushes the substances that irritate the lining of your stomach.
Also Read: How To Use Buttermilk On Skin And Hair?
Also, when curry leaves, cumin seeds and pepper powder are added to buttermilk, it tends to offer medicinal qualities to the buttermilk.
After a heavy meal, if you feel uncomfortable, just drink a glass of buttermilk in which ginger powder is added. This will boost your digestion and also prevents belching.
Remedy For Dehydration
When you are suffering from dehydration, drink a glass of butter milk that has some spices and salt added to it. You will feel hydrated even in hot climates.
When it comes to the nutrients, buttermilk offers potassium, protein, calcium and vitamin B complex.
Remedy For Diarrhea
If you are suffering from diarrhea, take a cup of buttermilk and mix half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder to it and mix it well. Consume it 3 times a day and your diarrhea will be cured in a couple of days.
Controls Cholesterol Levels
Drinking a glass of buttermilk also helps in controlling your cholesterol levels. Also, a bio-active protein present in buttermilk is found out to have anticancer, antibacterial, and anti viral properties. Drinking butter milk is also good for your blood pressure.
- 5 Amazing DIY Buttermilk Remedies For Skin Care
- How To Cure Acidity Permanently With These 10 Home Remedies
- Ragi Buttermilk Recipe: How To Make Ragi Majjige
- Is It Okay To Drink Lassi Every Day? Also, Read The Top Health Benefits Of Drinking Lassi
- Pudina Chaas Recipe | Mint Flavoured Buttermilk Recipe | Pudina Lassi Recipe
- How To Use Buttermilk On Skin And Hair?
- These Ingredients Have Proven To Reduce Belly Fat In One Week
- This One Natural Drink Helps Cure Stomach Bloating Instantly; Check It!
- Buttermilk Face Masks For Younger-looking Skin!
- Ways To Use Buttermilk For Skin Whitening
- Health Benefits Of Drinking Buttermilk In Summer
- Natural Ways To Treat Acidity