- 45 min ago When To Purchase Items And Where To Keep Broom In The House, As Per Vastu
- 1 hr ago Centre Advises Isolation Of Suspected Monkeypox Cases At Designated Health Facilities
- 2 hrs ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Finance Gold Rates In India: Outlook And What Is The Best Gold Investment Option Now?
- Sports GT vs RR IPL 2022 Final Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Fantasy Tips, Pitch Report, Injury Update
- Movies Shraddha Arya On Getting Robbed By Her Interior Designer: Never Leave Your Work Site Unattended
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Discounts On Smartphones Under Rs. 25,000
- News WHO says Nearly 200 cases of monkeypox in more than 20 countries
- Automobiles Hayabusa-powered Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo Concept Revealed
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The Union health ministry on Monday dismissed media reports alleging that expired vaccines are being administered in the country under its COVID-19 vaccination programme as "false and misleading".
'There have been some media reports alleging that expired vaccines are being administered in India under its national COVID-19 vaccination programme. This is false and misleading and based on incomplete information,' the ministry said in a statement.
On October 25, 2021, in response to Bharat Biotech International Limited's letter, the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) approved the extension of the shelf life of Covaxin (Whole Virion, Inactivated Coronavirus Vaccine) from nine months to 12 months, the ministry said.
Similarly, the shelf life of Covishield was extended by the drug regulator from six months to 9 months on February 22, 2021.
The shelf life of vaccines is extended by the CDSCO on the basis of a comprehensive analysis and examination of the stability study data furnished by the vaccine manufacturers, the ministry said.
- wellnessCorbevax: What Do We Know About Biological E's New COVID-19 Vaccine?
- healthLooking Back At COVID In 2021: From Worse Than Better, To Hope Of Vaccines
- health8 Vaccines, 4 Treatments In India's COVID-19 Arsenal
- healthOmicron Can Evade Protection Offered By COVID-19 Vaccines, Antibody Therapies: Study
- healthIndia Delivered 70.70 Million Doses Of Covid Vaccines To 95 Countries Till Nov 22: Union Minister Jitendra Sin
- disorders cureMixing And Matching Of COVID-19 Vaccine Doses? Is It Safe?
- disorders cureMonkeypox Vs Coronavirus: How The Two Infections Differ From Each Other
- kidsCovid-19: Kerala To Conduct Special Vaccination Drive For Children
- wellnessAir Pollution Linked With More Severe COVID-19: Study
- wellnessFirst Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- wellnessDr Reddy's Lab To Approach Regulator For Sputnik Light As Universal Booster Dose
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck