- 3 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- 7 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale Is Here! Up To 70% Off On Handbags, Backpacks, Clutches & More
- 8 hrs ago Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
- 9 hrs ago Saturn Combust In Capricorn On 18 January 2021: Effects On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- Sports Four most expensive January transfers so far in 2022
- News ED raids an attempt to put pressure on me ahead of polls in Punjab: CM Channi
- Finance Which Is Better for Home Loan Protection: Term Insurance or Home Loan Insurance?
- Movies BB15: Shamita Says She Wants To Get Married This Year, Nishant Advises Her Not To Rush Into Things With Raqesh
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Might Not Support Fast-Charging; 3C Certification Website Reveals
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
India saw a single-day rise of 8,318 new coronavirus infections taking the country's total tally of COVID-19 cases to 3,45,63,749, while the active cases have declined to 1,07,019, the lowest in 541 days, according to Union Health Ministry data updated on Saturday. The death toll has climbed to 4,67,933 with 465 daily fatalities, according to the data updated at 8 am.
The daily rise in new coronavirus infections has been below 20,000 for 50 continuous days and less than 50,000 daily new cases have been reported for 153 consecutive days now.
The active cases have declined to 1,07,019 comprising 0.31 per cent of the total infections, the lowest since March 2020, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.34 per cent, the highest since March 2020, the health ministry said.
A decrease of 3,114 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours. The daily positivity rate was recorded at 0.86 per cent. It has been less than 2 per cent for the last 54 days. The weekly positivity rate was also recorded at 0.88 per cent.
It has been below 1 per cent for the last 13 days, according to the health ministry. The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 3,39,88,797, while the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.35 per cent. The cumulative doses administered in the country so far under the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive has exceeded 121.06 crores.
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore coronavirus cases on May 4 and three crores on June 23. The 465 new fatalities include 388 from Kerala and 34 from Maharashtra. Kerala has been reconciling COVID-19 deaths for the past few days resulting in a high death tally in the state.
For Maharashtra, the total cases came down by 1,234 after the reconciliation of positive cases while comparing data with the COVID portal due to the omission of duplicate cases in certain districts and corporations.
A total of 4,67,933 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 1,40,891 from Maharashtra, 39,125 from Kerala, 38,193 from Karnataka, 36,443 from Tamil Nadu, 25,095 from Delhi, 22,909 from Uttar Pradesh and 19,439 from West Bengal.
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to co-morbidities. "Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
- healthDr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
- healthCOVID-19: Why T Cell Vaccines Could Be The Key To Long-Term Immunity
- kidsChildren Exercised Less During COVID Lockdown – 4 Tips To get Them Moving Again
- healthOmicron: Is Anti-Malaria Drug Hydroxychloroquine Really Effective Against The COVID Variant?
- wellnessCOVID Vaccine 4th Dose Shows Limited Results With Omicron, Says Study In Israel
- wellnessOmicron: German Capital Berlin Turns Into COVID Hotspot
- healthPhytochemicals Discovered In Himalayan Plant Buransh That Inhibit COVID-19 Virus
- healthOmicron Viral Load At Its Highest On Day 5? A Scientific Understanding Of The Isolation Period
- healthIndia Records 2,58,089 New Covid Infections Including 8,209 Omicron Cases, 385 Deaths
- healthDelta Still Dominant Strain Of COVID-19, Says Maharashtra Health Official Amid Omicron Scare
- womenMithali Raj And Indian Women's Cricket Team To Quarantine In Mumbai Ahead Of Women's World Cup 2022 Departure
- healthMedia Reports Stating Vaccine Shortage In Maharashtra Are Not Factually Correct: Govt