- 11 min ago 4 Brilliant Ways To Use Ginger Juice For Hair Growth
- 26 min ago Vidya Balan’s Floral Saree Or Anasuya Bharadwaj’s Multi-colour Saree, Which One Is Prettier?
- 51 min ago Samantha Akkineni Gives Us Green-hued Traditional Wear Goals With Her Exquisite Green Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Sardar Ajit Singh: The Freedom Fighter Who Died On The Day India Gained Its Independence
- Automobiles Tata Motors Launched New Initiative ‘Sanitised by Tata Motors’ For its Customers Across India
- Movies Yash’s Kids Ayra And Ayush Are Overloaded With Cuteness In Krishna-Radha Avatar; See Pics!
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Z 5G, Reno 4 Lite Receive Certification: What To Expect?
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta vs Paris Saint-Germain: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips and predictions
- News Bengaluru violence: Riot-hit areas of Pulakeshinagar resemble war zone
- Finance Nifty PSU Bank Gains 4% On Reports Govt. May Award ‘Ratna' Title To Few PSBs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Novel Coronavirus 2019 also known as COVID-19, nCov-2019 and SARS-COV-2, or the Wuhan virus is a severe acute respiratory syndrome first found in the city of Wuhan in China on 31 December 2019. Coronavirus spreads from human contact or infected surfaces. COVID-19 has infected 19,400,771 people worldwide, with 12,456,409 recovered and 720,308 reported deaths. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Coronavirus as a pandemic and since then, Italy, Spain, the UK, India and the USA have been under lockdown in various phases. India has been under lockdown since 25 March 2020, with Lockdown 4.0 from May 18 until May 31 and a further lockdown in phases in June and July 2020. Recently, while addressing the nation, PM Narendra Modi said that "Coronavirus Still As Dangerous As It Was In The Beginning."
In India, the number of COVID-19 cases has crossed 2 million with 607384 active cases, 1378105 discharged and cured cases, 1 migrated case, and 41585 deaths. The Coronavirus HELPLINE NUMBERS are 1075 / 1800112545 / +91-11-23978046. The HELPLINE EMAIL ADDRESS: ncov2019[at]gmail[dot]com. Catch all the latest updates on Coronavirus outbreak here. CLICK HERE FOR WELL-RESEARCHED COVID-19 ARTICLES.
- Delhi Reports 1,113 New COVID-19 Cases Today
Delhi reports 1,113 new COVID19 cases, 1,021 recovered/discharged/migrated cases & 14 deaths today. The total positive cases now stands at 1,48,504 including 1,33,405 recovered/discharged/migrated cases and 4153 deaths: Government of Delhi (ANI)
- First Batch Of Russia COVID-19 Vaccine In 2 Weeks
The first batch of Russia's coronavirus vaccine will be released in two weeks, Sputnik News reported, citing Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko. The Russian minister said that vaccination against coronavirus will be voluntary for everybody, including healthcare workers. (Livemint)
- Rajasthan Reports 595 New COVID-19 Cases Till 10:30 AM Today
595 new COVID19 positive cases and 10 deaths have been reported in Rajasthan till 10.30 am today. Total number of cases now at 55482 including 14103 active cases, 37917 discharged cases and 821 deaths: State Health Department (ANI)
- Puducherry Reports 481 New COVID-19 Cases
481 new COVID-19 cases, 138 recoveries and 5 deaths reported in Puducherry today, taking the total number of cases to 6,381 cases, including 2,616 active cases, 3,669 recovered cases and 96 deaths: State Health Department, Government of Puducherry (ANI)
- Telangana Reports 1,897 New COVID-19 Positive Cases
1,897 new COVID-19 positive cases, 1,920 and 9 deaths reported in Telangana on August 11, taking the total number of cases to 84,544, including 22,596 active cases, 61,294 recoveries and 654 deaths so far: Director of Public Health and Family Welfare, Telangana (ANI)
- Odisha Reports 1876 New COVID-19 Positive Cases
1876 new COVID-19 positive cases, 1785 recoveries and 9 deaths have been reported in Odisha. Total number of cases now at 50672 including 15509 active cases, 34805 recoveries and 305 deaths: State Health Department (ANI)
- ICMR Tests 7,33,449 Samples For COVID-19 On 11 August
2,60,15,297 samples tested up to 11th August 2020 for COVID-19. Of these, 7,33,449 samples were tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) (ANI)
- Single Day Spike Of 60,963 COVID-19 Cases In India
Single-day spike of 60,963 cases and 834 deaths reported in India, in the last 24 hours. The COVID19 tally rises to 23,29,639 including 643948 active cases, 1639600 cured/discharged/migrated & 46091 deaths: Ministry of Health (ANI)
- Urdu poet Rahat Indori Who Passed Away Due To Heart Attack, Tested COVID-19 Positive
Last rites of Urdu poet Rahat Indori, who died of cardiac arrest, was performed as per COVID norms at Chhoti Khajrani graveyard in Indore last night in Madhya Pradesh. He had tested positive for COVID-19. (ANI)
- Guidelines For Fitness Centres In Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal District Magistrate allows reopening of gyms and Yoga centres & issues guidelines for their operation. People will need to wear face shields while doing exercise & carry their own mats, the guidelines read. (ANI)
- We Have COVID Warriors Club In Every District Of West Bengal: CM Mamata Banerjee
We have COVID Warriors Club in every district. Our ASHAs and health workers have made 30 crore visits to 2.5 crore households in Bengal. 2.5 lakh people have been identified with SARI/ILl and given counselling and medical assistance: West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee (ANI)
- Puducherry Reports 276 New COVID-19 Cases Today
276 new COVID19 cases, 172 recoveries and 2 deaths reported in Puducherry today, taking the total number of cases to 5900 cases, including 2,277 active cases, 3,532 recovered cases and 91 deaths: State Health Department, Government of Puducherry (ANI)
- Rajasthan Reports 620 New COVID-19 Cases
620 fresh COVID19 cases & 10 deaths reported in the state, the total case tally rises to 54,290. The death toll stands at 810: Rajasthan Health Department (ANI)
- ICMR Tests 6,98,290 Samples For COVID-19 Cases On 10 August
The total number of COVID19 samples tested up to 10th August is 2,52,81,848 including 6,98,290 samples tested yesterday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), reports ANI.
- Single Day Spike Of 53,601 COVID-19 Cases In India
Single-day spike of 53,601 cases and 871 deaths reported in India, in the last 24 hours. The COVID19 tally rises to 22,68,676 including 6,39,929 active cases, 15,83,490 cured/discharged/migrated & 45,257 deaths: Ministry of Health
- Odisha To Conduct Common PG Entrance Test
Odisha: Higher Education Department to conduct Common PG Entrance Test-2020 between September 30 & October 7 for admission in state universities and colleges. (ANI)
- Number Of COVID-19 Cases In Mizoram Stands At 623
The number of COVID-19 cases reaches 623 in Mizoram; active cases stand at 300: Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Mizoram (ANI)
- Suspension Of Flights To Kolkata From High COVID-19 Prevalence Cities
The suspension of flights to Kolkata from high COVID-19 prevalence cities (viz. Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Chennai & Ahmedabad) will continue till 31st August: West Bengal Government (ANI)
- Spanish Actor Antonio Banderas Tests COVID-19 Positive
Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, star of The Mask of Zorro and dozens of other films, announced on Monday, his 60th birthday, that he had tested positive for COVID-19 and was in quarantine, reports Reuters.
- 743 Employees Of TTD Test COVID-19 Positive
A total of 743 employees of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) tested positive for COVID-19 after the temple was opened for darshan to devotees following the relaxation of lockdown norms. (PTI)
- Jammu And Kashmir Reports 470 New COVID-19 Cases Today
470 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Jammu and Kashmir today; 102 from Jammu Division and 368 from Kashmir division. Total number of cases now at 25367 including 17375 recovered cases, 7514 active cases and 478 deaths: Govt of J&K (ANI)
- Bihar's COVID-19 Case Tally Now Stands At 82,741
Bihar's COVID-19 case tally now stands at 82,741 with 28,151 active cases, 54,139 discharged cases and 450 deaths. The recovery rate in the state is 65.43%: State Health Department (ANI)
- Kerala Reports 1184 New COVID-19 Cases Today
1184 new COVID-19 positive cases (including 41 health workers),784 recoveries and 7 deaths have been reported in Kerala today: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan (ANI)
- The Total Number Of COVID-19 Cases In Himachal Pradesh Stands At 3375
4 new COVID-19 cases reported in Himachal Pradesh in the last 24 hours. The total tally stands at 3,375 cases, including 1,153 active cases, 2,181 recovered cases and 13 deaths so far in the state: State Health Department, Himachal Pradesh (ANI)
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee Tests Positive For COVID19
Pranab Mukherjee tested positive for COVID-19. While sharing this news on Twitter he wrote, "On a visit to the hospital for a separate procedure, I have tested positive for COVID19 today. I request the people who came in contact with me in the last week, to please self isolate and get tested for COVID-19."
- Maharashtra, Delhi Refuse To Conduct Final Term Exams
The Supreme Court on Monday granted time to the University Grants Commission (UGC) to respond to the affidavits filed by Maharashtra and Delhi governments, in which they submitted they will not conduct the final term exams at state universities as per the circular. (ANI)
- Puducherry Reports 245 New COVID-19 Deaths Today
245 new COVID19 cases & 2 deaths reported in Puducherry today. State's case tally now stands at 5,624, including 2,180 active cases, 3,355 recovered, and 89 deaths: UT Health Department (ANI)
- Rajasthan Detects 598 New COVID-19 Cases Today Till 11 AM
Rajasthan detects 598 new COVID19 positive cases & 6 deaths today till now, pushing the state's COVID19 tally to 53,095 cases & 795 deaths respectively. Active cases rise to 13,946 while 8,636 migrants have tested positive: State Health Department (ANI)
- Single Day Spike Of 62,064 COVID-19 Cases In The Past 24 Hours
Single-day spike of 62,064 cases and 1,007 deaths reported in India, in the last 24 hours. The COVID19 tally rises to 22,15,075 including 6,34,945 active cases, 15,35,744 cured/discharged/migrated & 44,386 deaths: Ministry of Health (ANI)
- Telangana Reports 1256 New COVID-19 Cases On 9 August
1,256 new COVID19 cases, 1,587 recoveries, and 10 deaths reported in Telangana on August 9, taking the total number of cases to 80,751, including 22,528 active cases, 57,586 recoveries and 637 deaths so far: Director of Public Health and Family Welfare, Telangana (ANI)
March 8, 03:20 am: In the Chinese city of Quanzhou, a hotel building that was being used as a coronavirus quarantine centre collapsed on March 7, killing 10 people, reports CNN. About 70 people were trapped in the building with 48 being rescued and 23 missing. The reason for the building collapse is not known yet.
March 8, 02:39 am: New York has declared a state of emergency, as more than 81 cases of Coronavirus have been found in the state. The death toll due to Coronavirus in the USA has risen to 22.
March 7, 10:00 pm: The Maldives has confirmed two cases of the Novel Coronavirus. The patients are employees of a resort and reportedly got infected after interaction with Italian tourists.
March 7, 08:45 pm: In India, a fresh case of Coronavirus has been reported in the state of Tamil Nadu. The 45-year-old man who has been infected had reportedly returned from Oman.
March 7, 08:00 pm: The Department of Telecom (DoT) in India advised telecom operators to incorporate an audio clip in the mobile ringtones that would offer awareness messages on Coronavirus. Mobile operators have followed the instruction, with some operators exempting those users from the Coronavirus ringtone who have subscribed for special tones.
The Coronavirus that originated in China has spread to over 100 countries in the world, including the USA, the UK, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland, Germany, Azerbaijan, Ecuador, Monaco, the Maldives, Qatar, Iran, Iraq, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and India, with the most number of cases and deaths being reported from China. The virus has also infected an entire cruise ship named Diamond Princess, with 696 confirmed cases and seven deaths.