- 5 hrs ago What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- 7 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- 8 hrs ago Look Fabulous In 5 Minutes! Jacqueline Fernandez-Inspired Cute Braid Is Easy And Quick Hairstyle For Everyday
- 11 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- Sports IPL 2021: DC vs PBKS Match 11: Toss report and playing 11 update – Smith handed Delhi debut
- News Bihar announces Covid-19 restrictions: All you need to know
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor To Work With Rajkumar Hirani Yet Again, The Film Will Not Be A Sequel To PK: Report
- Education JEE Main Exam 2021 News: JEE Main 2021 Postponed For April Session, Dates To Announced Later. Check Details
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Automobiles KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Have you ever been bitten by a bee sting? If yes, then you might know the pain that it causes. There are many people who haven't gotten a bite from a bee.
The experience of a bee sting is quite bitter because of the temporary sharp pain, swelling, redness and itching; but it doesn't have any serious complications.
When you are stung by a honey bee, its stinger is released into your skin and this ultimately kills the bee. A bee only stings when it feels threatened.
In some cases, the sting of a bee can prove to be fatal, which at times can cause difficulty in breathing, increase the pulse rate and cause a severe form of an allergic reaction, which can even lead to death.
Here are some 10 brilliant home remedies for bee sting. Take a look.
1. Apply Ice Water
First, when you are bitten by a bee, take out the stinger and carefully squeeze the venom out. Immediately, apply ice water on the stung area and leave it for 20 minutes. This will relieve the pain and swelling within a few hours.
2. Baking Soda
A paste of baking soda with water will help to neutralize the bee venom and reduce pain, itching and swelling.
- Apply a thick layer of baking soda paste to the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Use Raw Potato Or Onion
If the bee sting does not cause you any allergic reaction, you can use raw potato and onion. Raw onion and potato have been used traditionally to treat the initial pain of stings.
- Cut a big piece of raw potato and onion and slightly rub it on the affected area.
- Repeat this after 10 minutes.
Garlic contains antioxidants, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in fighting off the bee sting pain. Applying garlic juice on the affected area will give positive results.
- Crush the garlic and extract the juice.
- Apply the juice and leave it for 20 minutes or so.
Papaya is another cooling fruit that comes in handy when you get a bee sting. It contains effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of the burns.
- Cut a big cube of papaya and apply it on the affected skin.
- Hold it for 15 minutes and if the pain persists, apply it continuously.
Honey is another natural medicine that will ease the pain of a bee sting. Dabbing honey on the wound has been proved to be an effective remedy.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and apply it over the wound.
- Cover it with a gauze for 30 minutes.
7. Lavender Essential Oil
Essential lavender oil acts as an excellent neutraliser to the venom. It consists of anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve the swelling.
- Dab 2 drops of lavender oil to the sting to provide an instant relief.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has multiple skin benefits and acts as a soothing agent in relieving the pain of a bee sting.
- Break the aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel directly onto the wound.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and it may bring relief from a bee sting pain. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that will prevent swelling and redness.
- Mix tea tree oil with coconut oil and apply it on the affected area.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar relieves inflammation and reduces itching due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It works effectively in reducing the pain and inflammation from a bee sting bite.
- Soak the affected area into the apple cider vinegar solution or use a cotton to do so.
- Keep it at least for 15 minutes
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.