- 54 min ago Goddess Varahi: Know About The Iconography, Rituals, Legends And Benefits Of Worshipping Her
- 1 hr ago Dos and Don'ts While Visiting A Temple
- 2 hrs ago Over 6,000 Heart Patients In Maharashtra Saved By AI In The Past Two Years
- 2 hrs ago How To Achieve Work Life Balance: 21 Tips That Will Come Handy
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Shalin Bhanot’s Friend Hunar Gandhi Says He Is Playing Well; Questions Nimrit’s Reaction
- News 24-Carat traitor: Congress on Jyotiraditya Scindia
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Finance Stock To Buy: Brokerage Bullish On Multibagger Large Cap Tata Stock, Target Price Rs 1670
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Sports ONE 164: The 3 biggest underdogs with everything to fight for in final ONE championship event of 2022
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
- Travel What Are Scandinavian And Nordic Countries: Know Complete Explanation
Do you want to lower your blood pressure without the side effects of antihypertensive medicines?
There are many herbs to lower blood pressure that are commonly used in home remedies.
But, if you want to focus on one single and most effective natural blood pressure reducer, the best option is garlic.
The health benefits of garlic are attributed to its sulphur-containing compounds like allicin, diallyl disulphide, diallyl trisulphide, etc. It is also a rich source of antioxidants like selenium, germanium, vitamins and minerals.
Allicin, the active constituent present in garlic, is mainly responsible for its blood pressure-lowering effect. Also if you want to know about the health benefits of garlic in detail then click here.
Allinase is an enzyme that is released when we crush, chop or chew raw garlic. It then he undergoes a series of reactions, resulting in the formation of allicin. Even dried garlic will also provide you allicin.
There are various recipes of natural treatments for high blood pressure. Among these, chewing 1-2 cloves of garlic daily is known to be the easiest and simplest way to reduce blood pressure.
Also, there are options available to include garlic in your daily diet, as a blood pressure remedy. Let us see some of them.
1. Raw Garlic
Eating fresh, raw garlic is one among the herbal remedies for high blood pressure. Chewing will activate allinase for releasing maximum allicin. It should be consumed within 1-2 hours of activating allicin to get the full potential health benefits.
You can take 1-1.5 grams of fresh, raw or dried garlic per day to control your blood pressure.
2. Garlic Powder
Daily consumption of 600-900 mg of garlic powder will give about 9-12% reduction in the elevated blood pressure. A 600 mg dose of garlic powder contains 3.6 mg allicin and 900 mg contain 5.4 mg of allicin.
Consuming a daily dose of 600-900 mg of garlic powder is also a better option, as one among the natural cures for high blood pressure.
3. Cooked Garlic
Cooking can inactivate allinase and other sulphur-containing compounds. Allicin is highly unstable in nature. Due to this instability, cooked garlic has less allicin-releasing potential. Crushing garlic and letting it stand for ten minutes before cooking will provide enough time for allinase to work before it is inactivated by heat.
4. Grated Garlic In Salads
Thin slices of garlic can be added directly to your favourite salads. Minced raw garlic is also a good option to make your salad appealing and healthy. Make this grated garlic salad a part of your daily diet and forget about other costly herbs for high blood pressure.
5. Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil
You can make this at home easily. Sauté some garlic cloves over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in olive oil. Bring the heat down to low and wait until it begins to bubble. Let it simmer for fifteen minutes. Turn off the flame, cool and strain. Spread this yummy oil on a slice of bread and enjoy.
6. Garlic Tea
Chop 1-3 cloves of fresh garlic first. Boil one cup of water. Turn off the flame and add the chopped garlic. Wait for five minute and then strain the tea. Add ½ a teaspoon of honey to make the tea much tasty. Have a cup of this medicated garlic tea daily to avoid high blood pressure.
Like all other natural blood pressure remedies, sometimes garlic can also cause certain discomfort. Raw garlic can cause digestive problems like bloating and acidity when taken on an empty stomach. If you are allergic to garlic, it may cause nausea, vomiting, headache, eczema and wheezing.
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Garlic: From Common Cold To Cancer Treatment
- wellnessSingle Clove Garlic: What Are The Health Benefits Of This Garlic Type And How Is It Used?
- wellnessAmazing Health Benefits Of Black Garlic: Good For The Heart, Digestive Health And Immunity
- skin careTurmeric And Garlic Homemade Face Masks For Fighting Acne: Which One Would You Choose?
- wellnessHow Does Garlic Help You Stay Healthy During The Winter Season?
- wellnessHome Remedies That ACTUALLY Work: From Peppermint, Garlic To Honey, Turmeric And More
- wellnessEffective Home Remedies To Restore The Sense Of Smell And Taste
- wellness11 Safe And Effective Home Remedies To Remove Earwax And Treat Earache
- wellnessBenefits Of Ginger, Garlic And Honey With Warm Water
- pulseUnique Garlic Peeling Hack Is Blowing People's Minds
- wellness11 Best Home Remedies For Cataract
- disorders cure10 Effective Home Remedies & Lifestyle Tips For Meningitis