- 1 hr ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 4 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 4 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Odisha pay the penalty as Hyderabad keep first-ever clean sheet
- News Political and social guardian: Assam remembers Tarun Gogoi
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Do you want to lower your blood pressure without the side effects of antihypertensive medicines?
There are many herbs to lower blood pressure that are commonly used in home remedies.
But, if you want to focus on one single and most effective natural blood pressure reducer, the best option is garlic.
The health benefits of garlic are attributed to its sulphur-containing compounds like allicin, diallyl disulphide, diallyl trisulphide, etc. It is also a rich source of antioxidants like selenium, germanium, vitamins and minerals.
Allicin, the active constituent present in garlic, is mainly responsible for its blood pressure-lowering effect. Also if you want to know about the health benefits of garlic in detail then click here.
Allinase is an enzyme that is released when we crush, chop or chew raw garlic. It then he undergoes a series of reactions, resulting in the formation of allicin. Even dried garlic will also provide you allicin.
There are various recipes of natural treatments for high blood pressure. Among these, chewing 1-2 cloves of garlic daily is known to be the easiest and simplest way to reduce blood pressure.
Also, there are options available to include garlic in your daily diet, as a blood pressure remedy. Let us see some of them.
1. Raw Garlic
Eating fresh, raw garlic is one among the herbal remedies for high blood pressure. Chewing will activate allinase for releasing maximum allicin. It should be consumed within 1-2 hours of activating allicin to get the full potential health benefits.
You can take 1-1.5 grams of fresh, raw or dried garlic per day to control your blood pressure.
2. Garlic Powder
Daily consumption of 600-900 mg of garlic powder will give about 9-12% reduction in the elevated blood pressure. A 600 mg dose of garlic powder contains 3.6 mg allicin and 900 mg contain 5.4 mg of allicin.
Consuming a daily dose of 600-900 mg of garlic powder is also a better option, as one among the natural cures for high blood pressure.
3. Cooked Garlic
Cooking can inactivate allinase and other sulphur-containing compounds. Allicin is highly unstable in nature. Due to this instability, cooked garlic has less allicin-releasing potential. Crushing garlic and letting it stand for ten minutes before cooking will provide enough time for allinase to work before it is inactivated by heat.
4. Grated Garlic In Salads
Thin slices of garlic can be added directly to your favourite salads. Minced raw garlic is also a good option to make your salad appealing and healthy. Make this grated garlic salad a part of your daily diet and forget about other costly herbs for high blood pressure.
5. Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil
You can make this at home easily. Sauté some garlic cloves over medium heat for 3-5 minutes in olive oil. Bring the heat down to low and wait until it begins to bubble. Let it simmer for fifteen minutes. Turn off the flame, cool and strain. Spread this yummy oil on a slice of bread and enjoy.
6. Garlic Tea
Chop 1-3 cloves of fresh garlic first. Boil one cup of water. Turn off the flame and add the chopped garlic. Wait for five minute and then strain the tea. Add ½ a teaspoon of honey to make the tea much tasty. Have a cup of this medicated garlic tea daily to avoid high blood pressure.
Like all other natural blood pressure remedies, sometimes garlic can also cause certain discomfort. Raw garlic can cause digestive problems like bloating and acidity when taken on an empty stomach. If you are allergic to garlic, it may cause nausea, vomiting, headache, eczema and wheezing.