There are several species of viruses out there and any of these can cause infections like common cold, flu, hepatitis, mononucleosis and HIV.
There are several different ways in which viruses spread. In the case of animals, viruses spread through blood-sucking insects.
Some viruses like influenza are spread by coughing and sneezing.
One of the most scary things about viruses is that antibiotics do not work and vaccines are also unpredictable while eradicating them.
Antiviral herbs are known to inhibit the development of viruses. They can be used to treat infections and they are harmful for the viruses, not causing any side effects for the human body.
These herbs are known to boost the immune system, which makes the body attack viral pathogens.
Antiviral herbs also act as natural flu remedies. They also have a number of other health benefits like cardiovascular, digestive and anti-inflammatory support.
In this article, we have mentioned about some of the best known antiviral herbs to fight infections. Scroll down further to also know about the herbs to boost the immune system.
1. Astragalus Root:
This is a powerful antiviral root that helps boost the body's immune system. It is known to contain antiviral properties that can stimulate the immune system. Hence, it has the ability to prevent common cold and flu.
This is an antiviral herb that contains a high amount of flavonoids. These are plant-based antioxidants that can protect the cells from being damaged by the free radicals. This herb also fights viruses, inflammation-causing pathogens and bacteria. This is one of the best known herbs to fight infection.
3. Cat's Claw:
The bark and root of cat's claw are used to treat health problems like fever, stomach ulcers, digestive conditions and dysentery. It is considered as one of the top immune-boosting herbs .
This herb is important for the immune system as well as overall health. Echinacea contains phytochemicals that can fight infections and tumours. This herb contains a compound called echinacein that stops the bacteria and viruses from entering the healthy cells.
This herb can fight infections like influenza, herpes, viral infections and bacterial infections. It can also be used as a safe treatment option for treating influenza A and B. This is one of the best herbs to boost the immune system.
Garlic is highly effective in killing the most common as well as the rarest of infections like tuberculosis, pneumonia, thrush and herpes. It contains antiviral properties that can be used to treat eye infections. It can also be used as a natural ear infection remedy. This is one of the best herbs to boost immunity.
Ginger has the ability to boost the immune system. It helps break down the accumulation of toxins in the organs. It also helps cleanse the lymphatic system and the excretory system. It aids in fighting against viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
- 9 Symptoms Of Bladder Infection And 5 Ways To Prevent It
- 9 Excellent Health Benefits Of Tea Tree Essential Oil You Never Knew!
- 8 Ultimate Ways To Prevent Ear Infections This Winter
- 10 Surprising Causes Of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) That You Must Know
- Research Says This Garlic Compound Helps Fight Bacterial Infections
- Man Develops Rare Infection 30 Years After First Exposure
- One Natural Ingredient That Helps To Cleanse The Lungs
- Do You Wash Your New Clothes Before Wearing Them?
- Different Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
- Best Natural Foods To Fight Belly Flu
- Reasons Why You Get Yeast Infections Over And Over Again
- Are You Taking Your Phone To The Bathroom? Then, You Need To Ditch This Habit - Says Study
- Priya Prakash Varrier Is The Girl Who Is Ruling The Internet