- 40 min ago Here Are Fashion Lessons From Deepika Padukone In How To Slay It In Formal And Glamourous
- 1 hr ago Finding It Difficult To Deal With Roommates? Tips That Will Make Your Life Easy
- 1 hr ago Red Sari Or Pink Sari, Which Sari Of Janhvi Kapoor's Did We Like More?
- 2 hrs ago 9 Healthy Dietary Tips For Marathon Runners
- News Rajiv Gandhi assassination: SC asks TN to inform if decision taken on convict''s mercy plea
- Sports Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of New Zealand tour due to shoulder injury; replacement to be named at a later date
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Last Chance To Buy Best Mid-Range Smartphones With Discounts
- Movies Allu Arjun Thanks Fans for Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Success
- Finance Ice-Cream And Frozen Desserts To Get Costlier
- Automobiles Triumph Rocket 3R Motorcycles Deliveries Begin In India: Currently Available In Eight Cities Only
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The winter chill has arrived and you cannot possibly avoid the sneezes, sniffles, cold and cough.
A couple of sneezes may end up in a continuous train, which could possibly lead to an oozy nose, itchy sore throat, cough which all ends up in cold and flu. Natural cures for common cold go a great way.
Here are a few natural cures, for common cold, which are basic kitchen recipes.
1.A glass of milk boiled with turmeric and a few garlic flakes brings about relief.
2.A spoonful of honey with some pepper corns help extricate the phlegm. It can be taken in the morning and in the night before going to bed. But remember not to eat or drink anything after taking the honey pepper course in the night. This helps the medicinal property inherit in it to work effectively.
3.Simply munching a few basil leaves or soaking it in a glass of warm water and drinking it up, helps to ease the problem.
4.Ginger tea eases cough.
5.A little juice extracted from ginger and mixed with a spoon of honey helps combat cold and cough.
6.Dry ginger coffee is also a good remedy for cold and flu, sore throat and nasal congestion. It is a traditional remedy.
7.One among the natural cures for commmon cold is Pepper rasam (soup), a traditional recipe from Tamilnadu, India, which is used down the ages for cold. The spices in the soup helps abate winter cold.
Well as the saying goes that prevention is better than cure, lets us look at certain common cold prevention methods.
Common Cold Prevention
1.Stuff cotton in your ears if you are indoors in an air-conditioned room, and outdoors, in order to prevent chillness from entering your ears.
2.Cover your head with a woolen scarf and protect your throat with a muffler if you are outdoors in the evening, while shopping or taking a walk.
3.Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief and keep sniffing it.
4.Use warm water while washing your face, or taking a bath. A little cold water into your nostrils may start you off for instant sneezing.
5.Do salt water gargles often to keep itchy throat at bay.
6.Wash your hands often and avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
7.Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
8.Take a balanced diet with nutrients to keep your immunity intact.
9.Last but not the least stay at home if you are sick, as a good rest is highly recommended, as important as to not to pass on your sickness to others.