- 2 hrs ago Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- 11 hrs ago Sebaceous Horn (Devil’s Horn): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- 12 hrs ago Exclusive: Fashion Guru Prasad Bidapa Shares The Secret For Glowing And Flawless Skin
- 12 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Kareena Kapoor Khan, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- News Haryana elections: 3 INLD leaders and one independent MLA join Congress
- Movies Sye Raa Climax Leaked: Chiranjeevi Fans In For A Shock
- Sports Kavinder Singh Bisht made to work hard for a win at the AIBA Men’s World Championships
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The winter chill has arrived and you cannot possibly avoid the sneezes, sniffles, cold and cough.
A couple of sneezes may end up in a continuous train, which could possibly lead to an oozy nose, itchy sore throat, cough which all ends up in cold and flu. Natural cures for common cold go a great way.
Here are a few natural cures, for common cold, which are basic kitchen recipes.
1.A glass of milk boiled with turmeric and a few garlic flakes brings about relief.
2.A spoonful of honey with some pepper corns help extricate the phlegm. It can be taken in the morning and in the night before going to bed. But remember not to eat or drink anything after taking the honey pepper course in the night. This helps the medicinal property inherit in it to work effectively.
3.Simply munching a few basil leaves or soaking it in a glass of warm water and drinking it up, helps to ease the problem.
4.Ginger tea eases cough.
5.A little juice extracted from ginger and mixed with a spoon of honey helps combat cold and cough.
6.Dry ginger coffee is also a good remedy for cold and flu, sore throat and nasal congestion. It is a traditional remedy.
7.One among the natural cures for commmon cold is Pepper rasam (soup), a traditional recipe from Tamilnadu, India, which is used down the ages for cold. The spices in the soup helps abate winter cold.
Well as the saying goes that prevention is better than cure, lets us look at certain common cold prevention methods.
Common Cold Prevention
1.Stuff cotton in your ears if you are indoors in an air-conditioned room, and outdoors, in order to prevent chillness from entering your ears.
2.Cover your head with a woolen scarf and protect your throat with a muffler if you are outdoors in the evening, while shopping or taking a walk.
3.Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief and keep sniffing it.
4.Use warm water while washing your face, or taking a bath. A little cold water into your nostrils may start you off for instant sneezing.
5.Do salt water gargles often to keep itchy throat at bay.
6.Wash your hands often and avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
7.Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
8.Take a balanced diet with nutrients to keep your immunity intact.
9.Last but not the least stay at home if you are sick, as a good rest is highly recommended, as important as to not to pass on your sickness to others.