- 3 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 5 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 6 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 8 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- News China reports new Omicron variant of COVID-19: Beijing makes vaccine proof mandatory for public
- Automobiles Hyundai Teases New N Concept & Ioniq 5 N Ahead Of July 15 Debut
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Elena Rybakina sets up Simona Halep semifinal with triumph over Ajla Tomljanovic
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty To Make Her Acting Debut In Bengali Film Industry: Report
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Finance This Maharatna Stock Fixes Record Date For Final Dividend - Should You Buy?
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya will lead the International Day of Yoga (IDY) celebrations at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat's Kevadia on June 21.
The Statue of Unity has been selected as one of the 75 iconic sites for the nationwide observation of the eighth edition of the IDY, the health ministry said in a statement.
On June 21, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the IDY celebrations from the Mysuru Palace in Karnataka.
A digital yoga exhibition will be organised at Mysuru to showcase the highlights and achievements of all the previous editions of the International Day of Yoga.
In the spirit of "Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav" as the country celebrates 75 years of independence, 75 iconic sites have been selected for the IDY celebrations this year.
The International Day of Yoga is celebrated worldwide on June 21 every year. This year, the eighth edition of the IDY will be organised in India and across the globe on the theme of "Yoga for Humanity", which was announced by Modi in his monthly Mann Ki Baat radio address, and will focus on "Brand India at Global Stage" while showcasing its iconic places, the statement said.
The IDY observation is based on a harmonious mass yoga demonstration of a custom-made 45-minute protocol - the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP).
This year, the major attraction of the IDY celebrations will be the "Guardian Ring", whereby the events organised across the world on the occasion will be relayed throughout the day.
The "Guardian Ring" underlines the "One Sun, One Earth" concept and showcases the unifying power of yoga. The activity will string together the feed from different missions abroad, which will be telecast live on DD India, according to the statement.
Urging everyone to join in and reap the benefits of yoga, the prime minister has shared a series of tweets. In one of the tweets, he said yoga has become quite popular globally over the last few years. People from all walks of life and professions have incorporated it into their daily routine as yoga has helped them develop a healthy lifestyle, he noted.
Promoting the healthy habit of practising yoga regularly, Mandaviya, in a tweet, said in order to avoid illness and receive happiness, it is very important to focus on wellness for which everyone should make yoga a part of their lives.
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
- skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- skin care7 Pranayamas For Glowing Skin
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: 7 Yoga Poses For Relieving Stress
- fashion trendsInternational Yoga Day 2021: Yoga Outfits Beyond Yoga Mats!
- body careInternational Yoga Day 2019: 10 Anti-Ageing Facial Yoga Exercises
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: 6 Yoga Poses To Boost Your Immune System