As you age, the most obvious change that occurs to your body is the slowing down of metabolism. After 40, it becomes quite difficult to lose that belly fat.
40s is that decade where gaining belly fat is far easier than losing it. Maintaining a flat belly becomes increasingly difficult as you age.
Even if you have been fit all your life, your body begins to change as you inch towards your 40s. These changes can eventually lead to a belly bulge as you hit 40. This article will let you know how to get rid of belly fat after 40.
It is hence important that you adopt to certain changes in your lifestyle as you age. On an average, women gain around 5 lbs and 3 cm around the waist between the ages of 44 and 50. This is mainly due to the reducing oestrogen levels in the body.
During this time, the fat is redistributed to the hips and thighs to the tummy, which results in the middle age spread.
There are plenty of things that you can do in order to keep this under check. Not only will you get a flat tummy, but these diet and exercise tweaks will also leave you more energized and healthy.
In this article, we will let you know how to get a flat belly after 40. So, read further to know about getting a flat belly after 40.
1. Go For Slow Carbs:
No, you shouldn't be avoiding carbs altogether just because you're trying to lose weight. The focus should be on eating a better quality of carbs instead. Go for slow-release carbs like sweet potatoes, beans, whole grains, etc., that help keep your cravings in check and also help keep your blood pressure steady.
2. Prioritize On Strength Training:
Dropping oestrogen levels can lead to a decline in muscle mass. Workouts that focus on weight training will help in keeping and growing more muscle mass. This will let you know how to get a flat belly after 40.
3. Sip Differently:
If you have been chugging on soda all your life, it's time that you stop doing it. Sugar-sweetened drinks like soda are linked with giving rise to increased belly fat and hence it better to start avoiding these as reach your 40s.
4. Spread Out Your Calories:
You need to avoid the urge to eat most of your calories at night. This is because you don't need those calories while sleeping, as your body stores them in the form of fat.
Instead focus on eating a balanced dinner with protein, whole grains and many vegetables. If by any change you get hungry in the middle of the night, then try popping a few grapes or other fruits.
5. Plank More:
Planks are considered to be the most effective form of exercises when it comes to toning your abdominal muscles. Not only that planks also help tone your butt, thighs and shoulders at the same time.
6. Increase Your Vitamin D And Calcium:
It is important to get both of these nutrients, as these help decrease your belly fat. Instead of going for supplements, go for foods that are rich in vitamin D and calcium like broccoli, kale and collard greens.
7. Make Sure Your Meal Contains These Two Things:
Proteins and vitamins are the two things that must be included in all your meals. Protein helps in muscle growth and organ function. Incorporating these two things in your meal helps ensure adequate nutritional intake as well as a healthy weight after 40.
8. Make Sure You're Eating Enough:
Slashing your calories is in no way going to help you with weight loss. If you drop your calories too low, then your body will go into a fat preservation mode and will ultimately lead to belly fat.
- Lose Belly Fat With These Simple Tips
- Put Coconut Oil In Your Belly Button Every Night & See How It Changes Your Health
- This Ancient Miracle Drink Can Reduce Belly Fat Quickly & Naturally!
- Apply This Home Remedy On Your Bellybutton To Reduce Menstrual Pain!
- One Shake To Eliminate Your Stomach Fat
- Simple Ways To Flatten Bloated Belly
- Eat This Three Spoons A Day To Lose Belly Fat & Reduce Cholesterol Level
- Want To Age Gracefully Without Having Belly Fat? Read These Top Zero-Belly Habits For Ageing
- Drink One Glass Of This Before Going To Bed; Your Belly Fat Will Reduce Like Never Before!
- Top 14 Exercises Using A Resistance Band To Sculpt Your Body
- Two Cups A Day Of This Juice For One Week Will Give You A Flatter Tummy
- The Best Way To Sculpt A Flatter, Firmer Belly Using Hand Weights