- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 May 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 18 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 19 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Day 12 Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu's Film Slows Down At The Box Office
- Sports Racing Along The Singalong Track in Chennai
- Travel GlampEco - Glamping At India's First Geodesic Dome Stay
- News Another bout of rain lashes Delhi-NCR, several flights delayed
- Finance Motilal Oswal Suggests Buy This Stock For 25% Potential Gains, Declared Final Dividend Of Rs 6.25
- Education NABARD AM Prelims Mains 2021 Cut Off Marks, Check NABARD Assistant Manager RDBS Rajbhasha Cut Off Details Here
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
Being stuck at work all day is no excuse for skipping exercise even after knowing how important movement really is. Simple and effective exercises can be done while you work - even within an office environment. Sitting all day can hinder your health.
Even though you're getting your work done by sitting and staring at the screen all day, your health can suffer. Having poor posture and sitting for long hours is bad for health. So spare five minutes each day and do these exercises at your workstation.
Try these 10 exercises you can do at your desk:-
1) Lateral and Forward Neck Twists:
Simply flex your neck to the right and then to the left for a set of 10. This exercise should be done while seated and then flex your neck forward for a set of 10.
2) Head Move:
Bend your head and let your chin touch your neck. Hold that stretch for 20 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
3) Shoulder Wave
Simply raise both shoulders up toward the ears, hold for 5 seconds, then relax. Repeat 15 times.
4) Single & Circle Leg Lifts
In a seated position, extend one leg in front of you and keep it elevated and extended. Lift and hold the extended leg for a set of 20, then do the other side. For circles, do this with one leg extended in front with your toes pointed; make small circles with your extended leg in one direction, then reverse the direction for a set of 5-10 in the opposite direction.
5) Shoulder Twists
Sit with your fingers touching your shoulders. Then, rotate from back to front in a circular fashion. Do 15 times clockwise and anti-clockwise.
6) Breathe In-Out
Breathe in and bring your chest out. Tuck the tummy in. Move in the forward direction towards your table. Slowly start breathing out and rest your back on your seat. Repeat 5 times.
7) Bend It
While sitting, keep your hands behind your head and bend towards the legs. Try to touch the head to the knees and keep breathing. Do five times.
8) Leg Spool & Wrist Move
Move your legs straight up from the floor and start rolling your ankles. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each. Keep your hands straight up and start rolling the fists. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each.
9) Chair Push Ups
Start at the edge of the chair with your body forward and knees flexed, and then flex your elbows. Next drop your torso downward, then extend your elbows and elevate your torso. Remember to breathe while doing these. Consider 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
Practise these exercises for staying active throughout the day in order to maintain a healthy work life. This will increase overall productivity, decrease stress and promote a sense of wellbeing.
The writer is Vinod Channa, a celebrity fitness expert and has 22 years of experience in the fitness industry. He had trained a lot of celebrities, right from John Abraham to Shilpa Shetty. He is the one behind Anant Ambani's transformation.
- wellness8 Common Health Problems Affecting Working People And What To Do About It
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Zareen Khan: Fashion Goals From The Actress For Parties, Wedding Receptions Or Office
- bollywood wardrobeMehendi Wale Haath: Sanjana Sanghi Sets Fashion Goals For Chic Office Wear In Her Lime-Green Semi-Formal Suit
- lifeCoronavirus Outbreak: 10 Effective Ways To Work From Home During This Global Pandemic
- wellnessCoronavirus: 9 Germiest Places In Your Workplace You Should Be Aware Of!
- women fashionThese Celeb-Approved Formal Hairstyles Will Make You Work-Ready And Stylish In 5 Minutes Or Less
- life6 Tips To You If You Are Facing Difficulties In Making Small Talks With Colleagues In The Workplace
- lifeIf You Have A Difficult Boss, Here Are 5 Tips To Deal With His/Her Rude Behaviour
- beyond loveImportant Traits Required For A Strong Professional Relationship
- newsBengaluru Hosts India’s First Job Fair For The LGBTQ Community
- make up tipsChic And Funky, Here’s A Fun Office Look For You
- faith mysticismVastu Tips for Office: 15 tips for success and prosperity at work