- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 15 April 2021
- 13 hrs ago Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
- 13 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- 14 hrs ago Major Teaser Launch: Sobhita Dhulipala Stuns With Her Vintage Floral Saree Look
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Automobiles Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Being stuck at work all day is no excuse for skipping exercise even after knowing how important movement really is. Simple and effective exercises can be done while you work - even within an office environment. Sitting all day can hinder your health.
Even though you're getting your work done by sitting and staring at the screen all day, your health can suffer. Having poor posture and sitting for long hours is bad for health. So spare five minutes each day and do these exercises at your workstation.
Try these 10 exercises you can do at your desk:-
1) Lateral and Forward Neck Twists:
Simply flex your neck to the right and then to the left for a set of 10. This exercise should be done while seated and then flex your neck forward for a set of 10.
2) Head Move:
Bend your head and let your chin touch your neck. Hold that stretch for 20 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
3) Shoulder Wave
Simply raise both shoulders up toward the ears, hold for 5 seconds, then relax. Repeat 15 times.
4) Single & Circle Leg Lifts
In a seated position, extend one leg in front of you and keep it elevated and extended. Lift and hold the extended leg for a set of 20, then do the other side. For circles, do this with one leg extended in front with your toes pointed; make small circles with your extended leg in one direction, then reverse the direction for a set of 5-10 in the opposite direction.
5) Shoulder Twists
Sit with your fingers touching your shoulders. Then, rotate from back to front in a circular fashion. Do 15 times clockwise and anti-clockwise.
6) Breathe In-Out
Breathe in and bring your chest out. Tuck the tummy in. Move in the forward direction towards your table. Slowly start breathing out and rest your back on your seat. Repeat 5 times.
7) Bend It
While sitting, keep your hands behind your head and bend towards the legs. Try to touch the head to the knees and keep breathing. Do five times.
8) Leg Spool & Wrist Move
Move your legs straight up from the floor and start rolling your ankles. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each. Keep your hands straight up and start rolling the fists. Do the movement clockwise and anti-clockwise 25 times each.
9) Chair Push Ups
Start at the edge of the chair with your body forward and knees flexed, and then flex your elbows. Next drop your torso downward, then extend your elbows and elevate your torso. Remember to breathe while doing these. Consider 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
Practise these exercises for staying active throughout the day in order to maintain a healthy work life. This will increase overall productivity, decrease stress and promote a sense of wellbeing.
The writer is Vinod Channa, a celebrity fitness expert and has 22 years of experience in the fitness industry. He had trained a lot of celebrities, right from John Abraham to Shilpa Shetty. He is the one behind Anant Ambani's transformation.