- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 04 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- 9 hrs ago Can Raw Honey Lower Blood Sugar And Cholesterol?
- 12 hrs ago Venus Transit In Sagittarius On 05 December 2022 Effects On 12 Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Finance Axis Securities Sees Upside Potential In PSU Bank Stock, Large Cap Private Bank, Buy Call Assigned
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Argentina vs Australia: Messi scores as Argentina win 2-1 and qualify for quarterfinals
- News MCD Elections 2022: Stage set for high-stakes civic polls; 1.45 cr electors eligible to vote
- Movies Throwback: When Deepika Padukone Said No To Cameos But Broke Her Stance For Hubby Ranveer Singh's Cirkus!
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
- Education Around 3,000 Agniveers have joined Indian Navy
- Technology Twitter Restores Pranay Pathole's Account: Did Elon Musk Intervene?
Kenzo Takada, the legendary Japanese designer, who established his career in Paris, died of COVID-19 complications. The veteran designer was 81 and died amid Paris Fashion Week. The tributes have been pouring in for the late designer, who brought fresh energy and liveliness to the Parisian fashion scene in the 1970s. He was known for infusing Japanese cultural and fashion sensibilities into his collection but with a global perspective, also one of the major reasons why he carved a strong niche for himself.
View this post on Instagram
AN ODE TO OUR FOUNDER 🙏🏻🖤 It is with immense sadness that KENZO has learned of the passing of our founder, Kenzo Takada. For half a century, Mr. Takada has been an emblematic personality in the fashion industry - always infusing creativity and color into the world. Today, his optimism, zest for life and generosity continue to be pillars of our Maison. He will be greatly missed and always remembered. “It is with great sadness that I have learned the passing away of Mr Kenzo Takada. His amazing energy, kindness, talent and smile were contagious. His kindred spirit will live forever. Rest in peace Master.” -@felipeoliveirabaptista
A post shared by KENZO (@kenzo) on
Kenzo Takada often incorporated elements like oriental-style blouses and kimono-inspired ensembles to his collections and dipped them in rich hues and ethnic patterns. His floral patterns and tiger-printed outfits are considered iconic and even the creative directors at Kenzo after Kenzo Takada have used these signature patterns in the contemporary outfits. However, Kenzo also sometimes gave to the fashion connoisseurs understated outfits-outings with free-flowing silhouettes and muted hues. Kenzo was the founder of the brand, Kenzo but he later sold the company to LVMH in 1993. The company took to their social media platform to remember their designer, "It is with immense sadness that KENZO has learned of the passing of our founder, Kenzo Takada. For half a century, Mr. Takada has been an emblematic personality in the fashion industry - always infusing creativity and color into the world. Today, his optimism, zest for life and generosity continue to be pillars of our Maison. He will be greatly missed and always remembered."
Kenzo retired from the fashion industry six years later in 1999 but instead took a keen interest in the home and lifestyle space. The designer's home linens, plush sofa sets, cushions, pouffes, drapes, and ceramic kitchenware among other home and lifestyle essentials were as colourful and vibrant as his fashionable outfits. The designer will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, Kenzo Takada!
Cover Image Courtesy: Kenzo Takada's Instagram Page
- disorders cureCOVID Can Trigger Parkinson's Disease: Study
- disorders cureCommon COVID Symptoms In Fully Vaccinated Individuals: What You Should Know
- wellnessMild COVID Linked To Life-Threatening Blood Clots, Increased Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease; Study
- wellnessCOVID-19 Variants In India: New COVID Variant May Pose Threat To Elderly People
- basicsCovid-19 Linked To Early Onset Of Periods: What You Need To Know
- wellnessCOVID XBB Variants Of Omicron In India: What You Should Know
- disorders cureNew Omicron Subvariant BQ.1 Detected In Maharashtra: What You Should Know
- disorders cureOmicron BF.7 In India, Risk Of Fresh Wave During Diwali: What You Should Know
- womenPriyanka Chopra Speaks On Climate Change, COVID, Poverty At The UN Sustainable Development Goals 2022 Moment
- wellnessCoronavirus Residues Might Be Causing Long COVID: New Study
- art cultureRenowned Spanish Author Javier Marias Passes Away Due To Lung Infection Post COVID-19
- disorders cureRise In Antibiotic Resistance Among Indians Is The New Evolving Threat Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic: LANCET Study