- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago 'AmTrue,' A Safe Menstrual Cup For Women, Was Awarded The International Glory Awards 2022
- 9 hrs ago New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- 9 hrs ago Here Are Some Tips To Help You Achieve Natural-Looking And Fuller Eyebrows
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Cameroon vs Brazil: Brazil stunned by Cameroon, still top Group G after 1-0 loss
- Movies Varisu Second Single ‘Thee Thalapathy’ Official Announcement Is Out: Vijay Is Ready To Set The Stage On Fire!
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
Chakradhara, a collection that threads the stripes of the tiger and its closeness with nature and sustainability while living the essence of Indian crafts and culture. This project spells out love for tigers that can have a wide and meaningful impact to uplift the consciousness and yet evolving mindset of our Indian audiences towards conservation of the species, nature and our forest lands.
Warp 'n Weft, a textile brand that weaves pure handloom Banarasi textiles with their unique handloom project 'Chakradhara', collaborates with WWF India to celebrate the Year of the Tiger and the conservation efforts to support the thriving population.
Shraman Jha, Director-Marketing, Communications and Fundraising WWF India, said, "It is a unique partnership bringing together the two national heritages of India- handlooms and tigers together. Five decades of dedicated efforts to conserve tigers in India has brought out some significant results, a thriving population of big cats, the highest among all tiger range countries. We thank Warp 'n Weft for conceptualising and weaving the banarasi handloom collection to celebrate the tiger."
On National Handloom Day, threading and working with the Banarasi Handloom under the vision and passionate enterprise of the Founder, Ms Sagrika Rai, for the upliftment and promotion of this artisanal craftsmanship and empowerment of weavers in the industry.
Emphasising the relevance of the project 'Chakradhara', Sagrika Rai, Founder & Creative Director, Warp 'n Weft, said, "It is a strong, impactful collaboration between two ethical institutions. We pledge to contribute a part of the sales proceeds to WWF India, contributing to nature and wildlife conservation. We hope this handwoven project will further bring the deserved boost to tiger conservation and spread the word far and wide".
Story of Chakradhara
A wildlife enthusiast, Ms Rai's husband, Dinkar Rai- took a picture of a tiger in Bandhavgarh National Reserve, which was used as the central basis for this project. Smitten by the beauty of the majestic Bengal Tiger, the team at Warp 'n Weft created a tiger face graphed, loomed, and engineered to precision. After many iterations got close to the original photograph with the ethnic style of nakshi kadhwa, a signature technique of Banarasi handloom weaving. The commitment to sustainability has remained paramount throughout this process, commissioning the grassroots master weavers from the historic handloom clusters of Varanasi with decades-long experience. The base texture of the fabric is a combination of natural yarns that harkens to the forest grasslands of India, 'Chakradhara', the lively meadows inside the Bandhavgarh National Reserve - taking inspiration from where the photo was taken.
- womenBudget 2022: FM Nirmala Sitharaman's Elegant Bomkai Saree Defines Power In Red! Know About The Garment
- decorThe Neyth Studio Encourages Sustainable Lifestyle Through Its Natural Fibre Weaves
- fashion trendsWorld Environment Day: What The Fashion Industry Has Done To The Environment!
- fashion trendsIndependence Day Special: Why Indigenous Fabrics And Textiles Need Promotion
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon’s Striped Co-Ord Outfit Echoes Monochrome Style Loud And Clear, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeNora Fatehi’s Black And White Gown Look Is All About Experimenting With Monochrome Trend, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeMasaba Gupta’s Ranicore Saree Is All Things Sassy And Bossy, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeShanaya Kapoor Aces The Daring Denim-On-Denim Look, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon’s Cut-Out Bodycon Ensemble Equals To Edgy Fashion, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeKiara Advani’s Versace Denim Corset Outfit Is Perfect For Party Look, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon Gives The Bond Girl Vibes In A Thigh-High Slit Dress, Pics!
- women6 Jhumka Types To Accentuate Your Chosen Look