Sarees have always been a favourite attire for every Indian woman, irrespective of her modern lifestyle.
Now, people staying outside India also love to possess Indian sarees. We all know about the famous Benarasi, Kanjeevaram or Bengal Tant, but there are some authentic regional Indian sarees as well, which most of you must be unaware of.
We have summed up some Indian sarees from different parts of the country, which you must possess apart from the conventional categories.
Dhakai Jamdani From Bengal
Dhakai Jamdani is a handwoven cotton sari from Bengal and Bangladesh. The saree has a translucent body with mainly floral art done on it. It mainly originated from Dhaka, Bangladesh, and after the partition of Bengal, it also would get manufactured in parts of West Bengal, mostly in villages where they still practice handwoven fabric-making process.
Muga silk is formed in Assam. It is also used in the popular Mekhla Chador. There are also saris made out of muga silk and they look extremely gorgeous. You too need to possess at least one muga silk sari for your wardrobe. It is not just traditional but also looks beautiful on every skin complexion.
Sambalpuri Silk is popular in Odisha and it is not so popular for some of you. In Orissa, there are different outfits made out of Sambalpuri silk, including sarees. You should definitely possess one Sambalpuri Silk saree and it is fit for parties, pujas and different traditional purposes.
Maheshwari saree is one of the most unconventional forms of Indian sarees and as it is named, it originates from Maheshwar area in Madhya Pradesh. The traditional handloom cotton sarees look gorgeous, especially for its polished glaze over the body. You should definitely possess one.
Patola saree is a traditional form of sarees available in few of the Gujarat regions, hardly popular in other parts of the country. They are very bright in colour and Gujarati women wear this for pujas or other traditional customs. They are really gorgeous and you can make your wardrobe look brighter in these sarees.
- 10 Best Outfit Ideas To Look Prettiest On This Valentine's Day
- Top Essential Sunglasses Every Girl Should Own
- Basic Types Of LBDs For A Woman's Wardrobe
- Types Of Jeans Every Woman Should Possess In Her Wardrobe
- 10 Types Of Blazers Every Woman Should Have In Their Wardrobes
- Best Outfits To Try This New Year Eve
- Will Smith And Co. Flaunted Their Styles At The Bright's Promotional Event In Mumbai
- 5 Must-have Style Trends For Christmas 2017
- 5 Ways To Look Thinner In Clothes
- 7 Outfits To Wear With Palazzo Pants
- Learn How To Style Like A Hippie; Basic Things From A Hippie's Wardrobe
- How To Dress For A Winter Indian Wedding Ceremony? READ ON!