- 22 min ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 5 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 5 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 5 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Shares His Views On OTT Platform Censorship; Calls It An Outdated Concept And Practice
- News Even Lord Rama can't ensure a 100 % crime-free society: UP minister over Unnao case
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Amitabh Bachchan had once revealed on his social media account that his mother, Teji Bachchan was a major fashion influence in his life. Born on 11 October, 1942, the legendary actor wrote that he gets his fashion and style sense from his mother. Well, we must admit that Amitabh Bachchan has something about him. The megastar is always well turned out and looks dapper on any given occasion. His fashion can range from sporting muted-toned outfits to vibrant clothes, and he is also open to sporting modern outfits if need be. For instance, at Cannes, when he received a standing ovation with Leonardo DiCaprio, he surprised us with his embellished formal western number. However, today on his 76th birthday, we won't be talking about his western fashion sense, but his traditional style.
So, here's a lookbook we have prepared of the veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan's best traditional moments:
The Vibrant Style
Amitabh Bachchan is not among the actors, who will always wear something earthy-toned and unassuming. He is well aware of his stardom and he doesn't shy away from showing his illustrious career through vibrant clothes. On one of the occasions, Big B was clicked sitting on the floor, next to his wife Jaya Bachchan, wearing a grey and pink-hued kurta, which was accentuated by myriad geometrical stripes. His kurta looked futuristic and he paired it with simple white pyjamas.
The All-White Look
But then we all know that Amitabh Bachchan has an affinity for the colour white. He is so often seen sporting white, particularly when it comes to ethnic wears. So, recently, a couple of months ago at Sonam Kapoor's wedding, the actor graced the occasion wearing an all-white kurta-pyjama. He wore a short, full-sleeved kurta that was highlighted by subtle embroidery on the neckline and border area of the kurta. He paired it with simple white pyjamas and black jootis with gold embellishment. His safa completed his wedding look.
The Effective Colour-Blocking
The actor with over 190 movies, can give the discerning men cues on colour-blocking. Sometimes, he pulls off a bold avatar and mesmerise us. He knows the art of playing with contrasts. So, for one of the events, Amitabh sported an all-white kurta and pyjama, but he teamed it with a bright yellow (almost sunset-hued) jacket that was crisp and structured and came with a classy pocket square. He rounded off his look with glittering black jootis.
The Mixing Of Patterns
The legendary actor on one of the wedding occasions gave modern men an impressive style goal. The actor clearly mixed patterns. He donned a golden and cream striped kurta, which was accentuated by playful patterns on the sleeves area. It was a classic bandhgala jacket and Amitabh teamed it with a pastel blue safa, which was adorned with meticulous pink-hued patterns.
The Runway Avatar
This time, Amitabh Bachchan's look was not all-white but contrasting all-black. Last year, the dapper actor walked down the ramp for Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla. He looked super stylish in his outfit, which consisted of a black-hued kurta and matching flared pyjamas. He also wore a full-sleeved bandhgala jacket with metallic floral patterns in gold. He completed his look with white-hued traditional footwear.
The Minimal Style
The legendary actor stunned us with his creamy kurta on one of the festive occasions. It was a classy number, which was enhanced by a bandhgala and was adorned with minimal embellishments. It was a lightweight silk kurta that was beautifully embroidered and exuded soothing vibes. We particularly loved the bandhgala neckline area of his kurta.
Once again Happy Birthday Amitabh Bachchan. Which look did you like the most?