- 1 hr ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 4 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 17 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Movies Rahul Roy Shifted Out Of ICU; Actor's Brother-In-Law Says He Is Out Of Danger
- News Word leaders to address special session of UN General Assembly on COVID-19 pandemic
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Finance Nifty Metal Trades Strong; Posted 25% Gains In November Month
- Technology Samsung Launches New Programs For Customers In India
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Tomatoes are sweet, juicy, and delicious. They are of great benefit for health. Tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin A, C, K, folate and potassium. They are good for skin as well. Tomatoes are packed with nutrition, good for strengthening & repairing bones and keeping blood sugar in balance. So today we try Tomato Dal, a lip smacking recipe that is also rich in nutrients.
Tomato dal is known to be the best recipe for people who like to have their food simple yet tasty. This dal should be eaten with rice or with chapatti, as they are considered to be the perfect combo. In order to make your tomato dal more tastier add paneer or soy cubes. Almonds when added to this dal makes it more healthy and tasty. In order to make it more delicious few roasted cashews can also be added.
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 15 minutes
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Carrot- 1(chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Medium tomatoes- 4 (chopped)
- Red lentil- ½cup (soaked)
- Garlic- 3 (minced)
- Ginger- 1 inch (grated)
- Coconut- ½cup (grated)
- Mustard- ½tsp
- Turmeric- ½tsp
- Cumin- ½tsp
- Asafoetida- ½tsp
- Lemon- 1
- Curry leaves- 4
- Almond- 3
1. Take a pan and heat ½ tbsp oil, temper it with mustard seeds, cumin, chillies, black lentils until the mustard starts spluttering.
2. Add garlic, onions, carrots and tomatoes along with salt, asafoetida and turmeric. Saute them until soft.
3. Add the red lentils, saute for sometime.
4. Add 2 cups water along with curry leaves, close the lid and let the lentils cook for sometime.
5. If you find the gravy to be too thick, add more water as per the consistency required.
6. Toast the almonds until aromatic in a small pan.
7. Grind the coconut with little water and mix it to the cooked lentils.
8. Cook for another 2-5 minutes and garnish with almonds.
Tomato Dal recipe is ready. You can have it white rice or even with chapatti.