- 6 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
- 10 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Would Make You Want To Up Your Street-Style Wardrobe With Pink Outfits
- 10 hrs ago Dhaakad Promotions: Kangana Ranaut Looks Straight Out From The 60s Era In Her Yellow And Black Plaid Dress
- 11 hrs ago Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Mohit Kumar Joshi Wasn’t Able To Answer THIS Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Technology Google Tensor Processor Powering The Pixel 6 Series Explained
- News Ex-Punjab CM Amarinder Singh to launch his own political party, 'hopeful of seat arrangement' with BJP
- Sports Sindhu should prioritise winning All England title: Padukone
- Finance India's Gold Demand Subdued In 2021, Drivers Of Gold Demand: WGC
- Automobiles Tata Punch Launched: Variant-Wise Features And Price
- Education TS Intermediate 1st Year Hall Ticket 2021 Released At tsbie.cgg.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Methi and malai (fenugreek and cream) is a combination that has contributed to many popular recipes. Methi malai paneer is one such Indian side dish that is loved by all. This paneer recipe looks green like palak paneer, but it tastes totally different. The main ingredients of methi malai paneer apart from paneer are fenugreek leaves and fresh cream.
Fenugreek leaves have a characteristic bitterness. But this paneer recipe also uses cream to lighten the bitter taste of methi. This paneer recipe is not exactly high calorie but it isn't a diet food either. You need to use generous amounts of cream and milk to get the rich taste of methi malai paneer. Mutter or peas go very well with the combination of methi and malai. So can add peas to this paneer recipe although it is not compulsory.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Paneer- 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Green chili- 1 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Methi (fenugreek) leaves- 100 grams
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Milk- 2tbsp
- Fresh cream- 1 cup
- Pepper- 1tsp
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. When it warms up, lower the flame and saute the paneer pieces in it for 2 minutes.
- Strain the paneer pieces and keep them aside.
- Add oil to the same pan and heat it up. Season it with green chillies.
- Add onions to this pan and cook on a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sprinkle salt and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the methi leaves to the pan. Stir to mix well and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the powdered masalas namely red chilli, turmeric, garam masala and coriander to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the milk and cream to the pan. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add pepper and pour the paneer pieces into the bubbling gravy.
- Remove from flame after 2 minutes.
Methi malai paneer is ready to serve. You can have it with phulkas (roli) or jeera rice.