- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News NTA UGC NET answer key 2019: Result date and how to raise objections
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Some people may not like to have karela (bitter gourd) because of its bitter taste; however, by adding other ingredients, you could make a tasty recipe out of a karela.
And that's why, we're sharing this simple recipe that can be prepared in few minutes. Now, since we'll be using a mini karela/bitter gourd to prepare this sabji, it can also be called mini karele ki sabji.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at this simple sabji recipe that you can prepare at home.
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 10 minutes
- Mini Karela (Bitter Gourd) - 12 to 15
- Onions - 1 cup
- Green Chillies - 4 to 5
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - ½ teaspoon
- Tamarind Water - ½ cup
- Turmeric - ¼th teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Amchur Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash the karela. Peel the skin and cut into two halves.
- Remove the seeds in the karela.
- Meanwhile, boil water and then add the chopped karela. Boil it for about 15 minutes, so that the karela or the bitter gourd becomes soft.
- After the mentioned time, strain the water. And keep the karela aside.
- Now take a pan, add oil. Then add onions, ginger and garlic paste and green chillies.
- Saute it well.
- Now, add the masalas and saute all the ingredients well.
- Then, add the tamarind water to the pan.
- Now, add salt and then water accordingly.
- Cook the dish in low flame.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander strands when done.
- Your mini karela sabji is ready to be served.
Tip: To make the karela less bitter, cut the karela into two pieces and then apply some salt. After 15 minutes, wash it under running water.
Step By Step Photo Guide: Mini Karela Recipe | Stir Fry Bitter Gourd Recipe | Hagalkayi Palya
Image Courtesy: Priyanka Tyagi