TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Sushis are generally prepared using tuna, salmon or squids with vegetables and boiled rice. They are mixed together and spread on a seaweed and rolled with the help of a mat. The rice stuffing can be vegetarian or non vegetarian. Let's introduce you to the ingredients.
Vegetarian Sushi Recipe – Tasty low Calorie Meal
- 1 cup (150g) short-grain rice
- 3 tsps rice vinegar
- 3 tsps caster sugar
- Salt according to taste
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1 avocado (peeled, cut into small strips)
- Carrots and cabbage (chopped, partially boiled)
- Sushi mat
1. In a bowl, add sugar, salt and vinegar. Mix well.
2. Take a thick bottom vessel, add about 2 cups of water and boil rice on simmer.
3. Add the vinegar mixture to rice and stir well. Cook rice for about 20 minutes.
4. Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil (optional) and warm the seaweed for about 2 minutes.
5. Delicately spread the seaweed over the bamboo mat and apply of rice. Press into a thin layer.
6. Arrange the carrots, cabbage, cucumber, ginger and avocado strips in a line below the centre of the filling. Press gently and roll the mat.
7. Slice the roll with help of a knife and arrange on plate. You can even garnish with the sliced cucumber and cabbage.
Tasty vegetarian sushi is ready. Serve the recipe immediately.
This low calorie recipe serves about 9.