- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win
- News CAA: Applications must give proof of religion to get Indian citizenship
- Movies Rakshit Shetty Is All Set To Resume The Shoot Of 777 Charlie From January 29
- Technology BSNL Revises Marutham Plan; Now Offering 300 Days Validity
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Navratri is the time when devotee of Goddess Durga fast for nine days in her honour. Most people follow the Navratri fast very religiously. And thus, Navratri recipes have to be carefully adapted so that they follow the rules of this sacred fast. Kuttu ka dosa is one such recipe that is perfect for Navratri. During these nine days, you are not permitted to have rice, dal or normal salt.
Kuttu ka dosa does not make use of any of these forbidden ingredients. It is thus a perfect Navratri vrat recipe. Apart from being delicious, it can also be prepared very quickly. So you can try making kuttu ka dosa this year if you are fasting during these nine days.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Kuttu or buckwheet flour- 5tbsp
- Arbi or colocasia (boiled and mashed)- 2tbsp
- Ajwain or carom seeds- 1 pinch
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled)
- Ginger- ½ inch (chopped)
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Red chilli powder- 1/2tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Sanda namak or rock salt- as per taste
Procedure For Filling
- Mash the boiled and peeled potatoes into a uniform mass. Add rock salt and turmeric to it. Mix them using your fingers.
- To the pan, add 1tbsp of ghee. Season with half chopped green chillies
- Add the ginger and saute for 1 minute. Then, add the mashed potatoes.
- Stir and cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes until the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and take it off the flame.
Procedure For Dosa
- Mix the mashed arbi with the kuttu ka atta. Add sanda namak, red chilli powder, green chillies and ajwain to it.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well until the batter gets the right consistency.
- Take a flat pan and pour a ladle full of the batter on it.
- Sprinkle ghee on the sides so that the dosa gets fried crisply.
- Place the filling at the middle of the dosa and fold it over.
You must serve this kuttu ka dosa with coconut chutney when it is piping hot.