- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Starrer Dream Girl To Release In Hong Kong In December
- Sports Curtailed day sees Thai Itthipat surge to the top at Panasonic Open India
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Navratri is the time when devotee of Goddess Durga fast for nine days in her honour. Most people follow the Navratri fast very religiously. And thus, Navratri recipes have to be carefully adapted so that they follow the rules of this sacred fast. Kuttu ka dosa is one such recipe that is perfect for Navratri. During these nine days, you are not permitted to have rice, dal or normal salt.
Kuttu ka dosa does not make use of any of these forbidden ingredients. It is thus a perfect Navratri vrat recipe. Apart from being delicious, it can also be prepared very quickly. So you can try making kuttu ka dosa this year if you are fasting during these nine days.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Kuttu or buckwheet flour- 5tbsp
- Arbi or colocasia (boiled and mashed)- 2tbsp
- Ajwain or carom seeds- 1 pinch
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Ghee- 2tbsp
- Potatoes- 2 (boiled)
- Ginger- ½ inch (chopped)
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Red chilli powder- 1/2tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Sanda namak or rock salt- as per taste
Procedure For Filling
- Mash the boiled and peeled potatoes into a uniform mass. Add rock salt and turmeric to it. Mix them using your fingers.
- To the pan, add 1tbsp of ghee. Season with half chopped green chillies
- Add the ginger and saute for 1 minute. Then, add the mashed potatoes.
- Stir and cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes until the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and take it off the flame.
Procedure For Dosa
- Mix the mashed arbi with the kuttu ka atta. Add sanda namak, red chilli powder, green chillies and ajwain to it.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well until the batter gets the right consistency.
- Take a flat pan and pour a ladle full of the batter on it.
- Sprinkle ghee on the sides so that the dosa gets fried crisply.
- Place the filling at the middle of the dosa and fold it over.
You must serve this kuttu ka dosa with coconut chutney when it is piping hot.