- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
If you want to try out something different and refreshing this morning, opt for missi rotis. Though the name sounds unfamiliar, it is indeed a lovely and healthy breakfast for you to not miss. Missi roti is an Indian bread made with a combination of wheat flour and gramflour. The best part of this missi roti is the spices which are seasoned to add flavour.
Missi roti is generally ordered in restaurants along with makhani dal and jeera aloo. You can also consume it along side yogurt, if you want to get a better taste. Miss roti is easy to prepare and not time consuming.
Here is how you make yummy missi rotis for breakfast:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Wheat Flour (atta) - 1 cup
- Gram Flour (besan) - 1/2 cup
- Coriander Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera Powder -1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves -1 - 2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli - 1
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp
- Pinch of Baking soda
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water to knead the flour
1. First you need to mix the atta, gram flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, jeera powder, coriander seeds, garam masala, soda, finely chopped green chilly, finely chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasoori methi.
2. Now to this mixture, add oil and rub it gently into the flour. Adding the water slowly little by little, make a soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for at least 15 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again and start to make small balls.
4. Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the tawa and cook the missi roti with or without oil. Cooking the roti without oil, is a lot more healthier to consume.
5. Before serving cut it into half and smear some butter over it. Serve hot with pickle and curd.
Your missi roti recipe is now to eat. You can serve this healthy vegetarian breakfast recipe with any of your favourite chutneys too.