- 9 hrs ago Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- 13 hrs ago Can Ginger Help Prevent And Manage Diabetes?
- 13 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa: Divya Khosla Kumar Flaunts Style In Different Western Outfits, Pick Your Favourite One!
- 14 hrs ago Alaya F Looks Awesome As Ever In Her Two Brand New Casual Outfits With A Formal Spin
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Navratri is the nine days long Hindu festival which is dedicated to Maa Durga. This form of Shakti is worshipped with great vigour and devotion. During Navratri, many people fast for 8-9 days and eat once in a day. The meal is known as phalahar where no whole grains, salt, garlic and onions are used.
The phalahar meal basically consists of kuttu ka atta which is used to prepare fried puri or roasted parathas. We have given the kuttu ka paratha recipe earlier. So here is the kuttu ki puri recipe. The dough is kneaded with kuttu ka atta and rolled small puris are then fried in steaming hot oil. The kuttu ki puris can be served with boiled potato sabzi. Here is the Navratri fasting recipe.
Kutti Ki Puri, Navratri Fasting Recipe-
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- Kuttu ka atta- 2 cups
- Potatoes- 2
- Rock salt (sinda namak)- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Ghee/oil- ½ cup
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into four halves. Boil them in a pressure cooker for a duration of 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and peel the boiled potatoes. Mash them with the back of a spatula.
- In a bowl, add kuttu ka atta, salt, black pepper powder and the mashed potatoes. Knead into a dough. You do not need water as the potatoes will add the stickiness required to bind the dough.
- Leave the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a frying pan.
- Now take small pieces of the dough and make small balls. Roll them and fry.
- Fry till both the sides of the kuttu ki puri turns brown. Strain and keep on a plate.
The Navaratri fasting dish kuttu ki puri is ready to eat. Serve it hot and enjoy fasting on this Hindu festival.