- 33 min ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- News Kanpur firing: Vikas Dubey arrested in MP's Ujjain
- Sports Pakistan leg-spinner Yasir Shah pins hopes on Googly to torment England
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 74.94 Per US Dollar
- Automobiles BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Gives A Hug To Mom Neetu At Her Birthday Dinner, Karan Johar Joins The Celebrations
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Roti is a staple Indian bread. Like the westerns have bread, we Indians always have rotis or parathas. The Indian bread is made with wheat or all purpose flour. The dough is kneaded with warm water and then rolled out. These rotis or parathas are then roasted on a griddle (tawa). As you eat rotis and parathas regularly at home, you order naans and kulchas while dining out. These special Indian bread recipes are very difficult to prepare so people avoid it at home. However, few tandoori naan recipes are very easy to make and delicious too. If you have a small get-together or a special occasion, you can prepare tandoori naans.
There are many varieties of tandoori naan. However, khameeri tandoori naan is very popular and extremely easy to make. Khameeri means yeast. When you add yeast to the Indian bread dough, it becomes more soft and fluffy. Check out the recipe.
Khameeri tandoori naan recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
- Fresh yeast/khameer- 2tbsp
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Ghee/butter- 2tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Boil water till it becomes a little warm. Warm water makes it easy to knead a soft dough.
- Pour ½ cup water in a bowl and add the yeast. Dissolve with the help of a spoon. Keep it aside.
- In a large platter, add the wheat flour and sprinkle salt. Sieve it nicely.
- Now dig a small hole in the centre and slowly pour warm water. Knead into a stiff dough. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Take the yeast and water solution and gradually pour on the stiff dough. Knead well till it becomes soft and the yeast is also absorbed. Make sure the dough doesn't become sticky and tight.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the clay or metal tandoor.
- Now divide the dough into 10-15 equal round portions and roll out into naan rotis.
- When the tandoor becomes hot, stick the naans on both the sides for around 2 minutes.
Khameeri tandoori naan is ready to eat. If you do not have a tandoor at home, you can even bake these naans in an oven for 4-5 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.