- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 14 April 2021
- 19 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 21 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 23 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 5 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan Starrer Continues Its Strong Run!
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days: Discount Offers On Budget And Mid-Range Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs MI: A great fightback by Mumbai Indians, says elated captain Rohit Sharma
- News Give relief, ramp up health infra: BJP's Devendra Fadnavis on Janta Curfew in Maharashtra
- Automobiles BYD e6 Electric MPV Spotted Testing In Chennai; To Be Launched By The End Of 2021
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Diabetics have only a minimum dishes to enjoy and one of them is this yummy barley paratha. For those of you who love parathas and suffering from diabetes, then this is a perfect breakfast recipe to try out.
At first thought many would refuse to prepare this paratha recipe as it contains barley flour. However, this flour is actually good in controlling blood sugar. It is also one option which can change a diabetic's life. To prepare this yummy barley paratha recipe, you will need to use virgin olive oil and not vegetable oil.
Take a look at how you can prepare this delicious barley paratha recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
You Will Need
- Barley flour - ¾ cup
- Wheat flour - 3 tbsp
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger chili paste - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- You begin by making the chopped onions into a coarse puree with the help of a mixer.
- Now make the dough by mixing all the above ingredients - wheat flour, barley flour, garlic paste, ginger chili paste. Add water to the ingredients and a 1/2 tsp of the olive oil.
- Roll the dough into small balls and then make your paratha.
- Heat a tava. When it is hot, smear a little oil over the tava and place the flattened paratha.
- Cook the yummy barley paratha and when it turns brown in colour, remove and serve.
The fibre in barley can help improve digestion and also reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Do not apply a lot of on the parathas while frying as it will taste a little weird.