- 9 hrs ago How To Prevent Oily Eyelids From Ruining Your Make-up
- 10 hrs ago What Causes Chest Pain During Pregnancy And How To Treat It?
- 11 hrs ago Is Homemade Baby Food Safe? A Guide To Make Baby Food At Home
- 11 hrs ago Aamna Sharif In Colourful Crop Top-Skirt And Floral Printed Crop Top-Skirt, Which One Is Prettier?
- Technology Diwali With Lenovo Sale 2020: Special Discount Offers On Laptops
- Movies Halloween 2020: Ratched, The Conjuring Series & More Titles To Binge Watch This Spooky Season
- Sports Oleksandr Usyk v Dereck Chisora: Contrasting styles should provide Halloween fireworks
- News Sky gazers set to witness Blue Moon today: All you need to know
- Finance RIL Q2FY21 Profit At Rs. 9567 Crore; Drops 15% YoY
- Automobiles 2021 Triumph Trident 660 Roadster Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- Travel 10 Best Places In Bangalore To Dine Out With Your Beloved This Karva Chauth
- Education DDU Entrance Exam Result 2020 Declared For UG & PG Admission 2020-21
Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Indian meal is hardly complete without a bowl of dal. All the delicacies will remain incomplete if dal is missing from the menu. The other truth that remains is that, not every veggie is relished by everyone in the family and feeding kids on top of that is something that will surely test your patience. Naturally, the mothers have to sneak-in the healthy veggies in an acceptable form to impress their kids.
Spinach or palak is one of those unacceptable items that kids hate to see on their plates, no matter how skillfully cooked. But definitely you cannot exclude it from your diet knowing its huge health benefits. We understand you cannot change the eating preferences of your family but surely can add a twist to your cooking style. So, here is a simple way to cook Toor dal sabji with Palak which not only tastes delicious but is also healthy at the same time. So here is the recipe of Toor dal sabji with Palak for you.
Recipe of Toor Dal Sabji With Palak
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Palak (Spinach)- 1 full bunch (chopped)
- Toor dal- 2 cups
- Peanuts- 3tsp
- Curry leaves- 3-4
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomatoes- 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- a pinch
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Haldi (turmeric)- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 3tsp
- Wash the spinach thoroughly removing all dirt. Once cleaned chop it finely.
- Clean and wash the toor dal.
- Pressure cook spinach, toor dal and peanuts together with half a cup of water for a duration of three whistles on medium flame.
- Once done, keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds crackle add hing.
- Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till onions become translucent.
- Add all the spices and chopped tomatoes to it. Fry till it is well-cooked.
- Now add the toor dal and spinach in the mixture. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.
Your Toor Dal Sabji with Palak is ready to be serve. Your family and friends will definitely relish it with pleasure.