- 57 min ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 1 hr ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Technology This Xiaomi Warm Cup Doubles As A 10W Wireless Charger
- News Adhir Chowdhury slams govt for not allowing MPs to visit Kashmir
- Finance How To Transfer PPF To A Different Bank Or Branch?
- Movies Naagin 4: Gathbandhan Actress Dhanak Aka Shruti Sharma Rejects Ekta Kapoor's Show!
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
The vegetarian recipe trail continues as the month of Shravan progresses. Today we have a pure vegetarian tofu recipe for you which is sure to delight your taste-buds. Tofu is one of the best vegetarian ingredient which you can cook to take a break from your regular vegetables and paneer. Apart from that tofu has very low calories and does not add to your weight.
The tofu butter masala is prepared the same way as paneer butter masala. The tofu is fried and then cooked in a thick tomato-cashew nut gravy which makes this vegetarian recipe a sheer delight. The mix of spices and the flavour of tofu makes the tofu butter masala a perfect recipe for Shravan.
Take a look at the Shravan special tofu butter masala recipe and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Tofu- 500gms (cut into cubes)
- Cashews- 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes- 3 (pureed)
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Ginger paste- 1tbsp
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Jeera (cumin) seeds- 1tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Ginger juliennes- for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the tofu pieces in it for about 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside after it gets done.
2. Grind the cashew nuts with a little water into a thick paste.
3. Heat butter in a pan and add the jeera seeds. Fry for a minute.
4. Add in the ginger paste, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the tomato puree and the cashew nut paste to it. Stir for about 4-5 minutes.
6. Pour in the cold milk, sugar, salt and mix well.
7. Add in the fried tofu pieces, cover and cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
8. Once done switch off the flame and garnish with ginger juliennes.
Tofu butter masala is ready to be served. Enjoy this special vegetarian recipe with rotis or rice.