- 46 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 6 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 6 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News Bihar police recruitment notification for 2446 vacancies out, Bihar police jobs apply online link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The vegetarian recipe trail continues as the month of Shravan progresses. Today we have a pure vegetarian tofu recipe for you which is sure to delight your taste-buds. Tofu is one of the best vegetarian ingredient which you can cook to take a break from your regular vegetables and paneer. Apart from that tofu has very low calories and does not add to your weight.
The tofu butter masala is prepared the same way as paneer butter masala. The tofu is fried and then cooked in a thick tomato-cashew nut gravy which makes this vegetarian recipe a sheer delight. The mix of spices and the flavour of tofu makes the tofu butter masala a perfect recipe for Shravan.
Take a look at the Shravan special tofu butter masala recipe and give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Tofu- 500gms (cut into cubes)
- Cashews- 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes- 3 (pureed)
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Ginger paste- 1tbsp
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Jeera (cumin) seeds- 1tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Ginger juliennes- for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the tofu pieces in it for about 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside after it gets done.
2. Grind the cashew nuts with a little water into a thick paste.
3. Heat butter in a pan and add the jeera seeds. Fry for a minute.
4. Add in the ginger paste, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the tomato puree and the cashew nut paste to it. Stir for about 4-5 minutes.
6. Pour in the cold milk, sugar, salt and mix well.
7. Add in the fried tofu pieces, cover and cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
8. Once done switch off the flame and garnish with ginger juliennes.
Tofu butter masala is ready to be served. Enjoy this special vegetarian recipe with rotis or rice.