- 5 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 6 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 6 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 7 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News Vaccine 1st puts spotlight on German pharma company BioNTech
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's COP Film: The Location Hunt Is Progressing!
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Dal is a dish that is an integral part of Indian cuisine. We have dal almost everyday. So needless to say all the common dal recipes have been used exhaustively. That is why a novel recipe like Adraki cal can bring the flavour back into your kitchen. Adraki dal is basically dal flavoured with ginger. In this dal recipe, we have used white urad dal.
Some very interesting Indian spices are added to Adraki dal. Garam masala is an Indian spice that completes all our dishes. Usually we do not add garam masala to dal recipes. However, for Adraki dal, you can make an exception. This dish cooks pretty easily and has an unique taste. It is perfect for a Sunday lunch.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- White urad dal- 1 cup (soaked in water for an hour)
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger- 2 inch (grated)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
1. Boil the dal in a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water, salt and a pinch of turmeric. Cook for the duration of 3 whistles
2. After that, heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. When it steams, add cumin seeds and grated ginger to it.
3. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
4. Then add the tomatoes and green chillies. Sprinkle salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes melt.
5. Then add lemon juice and pour the boiled dal into the pan. Stir well to mix it up.
6. Now add garam masala powder to dal and cook for another 2 minutes.
Garnish Adraki dal with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roties.