- 18 min ago How To Cut Your Own Hair And Not Regret It Later!
- 1 hr ago COVID-19: What is R0 And What Does It Tell About A Pandemic?
- 2 hrs ago Pranutan Bahl Surprises Us With Her Bold Blue Dress And Butterfly Wings-Inspired Sandals
- 2 hrs ago Nora Fatehi Flaunts Printed Separates In Her Throwback Pictures From Malta Trip And We Loved It!
- News 8 ESIC hospitals with 1,042 beds declared COVID-19 facilities for all insured persons
- Movies Hum Paanch Starring Vidya Balan, Ashok Saraf To Be Rerun On Television; Ashok Says He Had No Idea
- Technology LG Teases Upcoming Smartphone Revealing Raindrop Camera, Design
- Sports COVID-19: Tour de France is racing against time, and losing
- Automobiles Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Beetroot is one of the most important veggies you must consume at least once in a week. Rich in iron and calcium, this important vegetable can now be turned into something yummy for breakfast. Indians love to add colour to their meals, and beetroot is one such healthy veggies which will give your plate a rise in look.
To make this beetroot masala dosa, you will need to add potato too for a filling. The taste of fresh soft potatoes will only add to the flavour of the sweet beetroot dosa. Kids, on the other hand are fond of this yummy breakfast recipe for one reason only - the colour.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at how you can prepare this yummy beetroot masala dosa for breakfast.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Beetroot-1 medium (mashed )
- Potato-2 medium (mashed)
- Carrot-1 (sliced finely)
- Onion-1 (cubes)
- Ginger-1 tsp
- Garlic-1 tsp
- Green chillies-2 (sliced)
- Red chilli powder-1/4-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Urad dal-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - handful
- Oil for frying
1. Cut beetroot,carrot and potatoes into big pieces and pressure cook them with water and salt. Once cooked mash the veggies using an wooden spoon.
2. Now you need to prepare masala (with the above ingredients)
3. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Wait for the oil to get a little more hot and then add in the urad dal and saute till it turns to brown in colour . Now add chopped onion, ginger ,garlic and green chillies. Saute the ingredients till they are transparent in nature.
4.Then add to the pan the mashed vegetables. Using your finger sprinkle the red chilli powder,turmeric powder ,curry leaves and salt. Stir in the masalas well with the help of a spoon.
5.Add 1/4 cup water,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes till the water dries up.
6.It is time for you to now make your yummy dosa.
7. Then put one spoon full of masala on the dosa in the center and fold the dosa from both sides to make a roll.
Your beetroot masala dosa is now ready to eat. You can consume this healthy breakfast with green chutney on the side.