- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, it is absolutely necessary that we start our day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. Upma is a popular breakfast recipe of south India and is prepared with semolina and vegetables. In this recipe we are substituting semolina with broken wheat or dalia to add the nutrition factor. It is well known that broken wheat is rich in fibre and low in calories. Broken wheat upma is a great breakfast option if you want to lose weight and yet eat something delicious. Along with the broken wheat, carrots and green peas add to the taste and makes this recipe rich in Vitamin A.
So, try this low calorie breakfast recipe and start your day on a healthy note.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Broken wheat (dalia)- ½ cup
- Green peas- ½ cup
- Carrots- 1 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (grated)
- Oil- 2tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Coriander leaves- 2tsp (finely chopped)
- Water- 3 cups
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
- Boil it in 2 cups of water for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard crackles, add onions and green chillies. Saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add grated ginger and cook for a minute.
- Now add the green peas and carrots. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broken wheat and mix well. Add a cup of water and salt.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on low flame for 2 whistles.
- Once done, switch off the flame. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Your low calorie, nutritious and tasty broken wheat upma is ready to be served.