- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 11 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 13 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- Finance 6 Best Midcap Mutual Funds To Invest For Solid Returns
- News Rulers for life: The challenge posed by. Putin, Xi becoming rulers for life
- Technology Poco F2 Lite With Snapdragon 765 And 5000 mAh Battery Live Images Hit The Web
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
You might have heard of besan laddos, which is quite popular in the Northern parts of India. Today, with this very same ingredient, one of the best breakfast recipes we share with you is none other than Besan puris. Besan puris is quite simple and easy to prepare as well. It is also a sheer delight for kids who tend to enjoy this wonderful treat.
Besan is one of the many ingredients which is much more preferred to than wheat or maida. It is healthy and a light ingredient which is also good in digestion. If you have old people residing in your home, they will also enjoy this besan puri recipe.
This is how you prepare besan puri recipe, take a look:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Besan flour - ½ cup
Fennel Seeds - ½ tsp
Chill powder - 1tsp
Oil - 4-5 tbsp (while mixing)
Oil - 1 tsp ( cooking)
All purpose Flour - 1cup
Salt to taste
Water - 1 cup
- In a deep bowl, place the besan flour, fennel seeds, chilli powder, salt and oil. Using your hands, gently mix the ingredients together. To make it into a fine powder, rub the besan flour between your palms.
- Now add to the flour, 3 tablespoons of water. Mix the water well with the flour to make a dough. You can add more water to the flour if need be.
- When the dough is ready, ratio out the dough equally into small balls. These small balls are then made into a cup shape. Now fill these cup shapes with one tablespoon of besan mix and seal it. Now roll the dough to make it into a thin roti.
- When the dough is ready, heat a tava on a medium flame. Let the tava become hot and then place the thin roti on the tava. Wait for the besan puri to turn a little golden colour.
- When it turns a little golden, gently rub a little oil over the puri.
- Keep turning the roti on both sides on the tava for it to cook well.
Your besan puri is now ready to eat. What is different about this puri recipe is that it is not deep fried! You can enjoy this amazing besan puri along with green chutney or vegetable curry too.