- 20 min ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 50 min ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 1 hr ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 1 hr ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- News Manmohan Singh tests COVID-19 positive, rushed to AIIMS
- Movies Prachi Desai Recalls Being Replaced For Not Doing Raunchy Scenes, Says ‘It’s Nothing New To Me’
- Education UGC NET On May 2: Will UGC NET 2021 Exam Be Postponed After NEET PG And JEE Main? Check Important Details
- Sports AFC Champions League 2021: Persepolis FC vs FC Goa, When and where to watch, Live Streaming details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
- Technology How To Find Nearest COVID-19 Vaccination Center Using Google Maps
- Finance Banks To Be Closed On Wednesday For Ram Navami
- Automobiles Mahindra Treo Zor Electric Delivery Vehicle Sales Crosses The 1,000 Unit Mark: Here Are The Details!
It is the holy month of Ramzan and the days of rigorous fasting. It is important to consume wholesome and nutritious food at the Suhoor and the Iftar time. This will help keep your body healthy and your mind peaceful for the spiritual awakening.
The recipes that are made during the Ramzan period are popular for being highly nutritious, rich and heavy. Many dishes are made at any particular day. This is done to make sure that the body receives all the nutrients in a balanced manner. The body needs an ample amount of carbohydrates to provide it energy. The body also needs proteins, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in a good proportion.
The dish that we have for you today has bread that provides carbohydrates and mixed vegetables for the other essential nutrients. The mixed vegetable bread vada can be made in a jiffy, as it does not require any kind of blending or soaking. It can be served as a snack, an appetizer or as an accompaniment. So, stay with us, as we tell you how to prepare the tasty mixed vegetable bread vada recipe.
Cooking time - 30 Minutes
Preperation time- 20 Minutes
- Bread slices - 3
- Grated carrots - ½ cup
- Potatoes boiled and mashed - ½ cup
- Onions finely chopped - 1 cup
- Green chillies chopped - 2 tsp
- Chopped mint leaves - a handful
- Chopped coriander leaves - a handful
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - for frying
- Take a large mixing bowl. Tear up pieces of the bread slices roughly and add them to the bowl.
- Add the grated carrots, mashed potatoes, chopped onions and green chillies.
- Use your hands and mix the content of the bowl well.
- Now, add the masalas. Add the garam masala powder and the cumin powder.
- Add salt according to your taste and preference.
- Mix the content of the bowl well for a couple of minutes. Check if there is enough moisture in the bread mixture, so that it can be kneaded. If the vegetables contain enough moisture, then you may not have to add more water. If not, drizzle some water little by little. Knead the mixture and keep adding water only if required.
- Now, add rice flour into the same bowl. Start kneading the content until it forms a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 to 9 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and use your greased hands to flatten the balls into the shape of a vada.
- Be sure to make the vadas flat or the insides may remain uncooked.
- Take a deep frying pan and fill it with oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, reduce the flame and drop the vadas into it one by one. Do not over-crowd the frying pan. To get crispy mixed vegetable vadas, you should only fry two or three vadas at a time, depending on the size of the frying pan.
- Fry the vada for a couple of minutes and then turn it over to let the other side cook properly.
- Keep turning them over often to make sure that the vadas do not burn.
- Fry until the vadas are golden brown.
- When they turn golden brown, remove them on to a kitchen towel to drain any excess oil.
- The vadas should be crispy by now.
Serve these crispy mixed vegetable vadas, when hot, with garlic tomato chutney, green mint and chilli chutney or tomato ketchup.