The cuisine of Ganesh Chaturthi is exclusively famous for its desserts. The ladoos, varieties of modaks, jalebis and lots of other sweet dishes not only add to the vibrancy of the occasion, but also add a lot more calories.
Still, it comes once in a year and you should forget about dieting and plunge into foods. In many households, people keep fast on Ganesh Chaturthi. They usually have sweets and fruits on that day.
Besides, you may not like to have sweets repeatedly, as it will kill your tastebuds after sometime. So, how about changing your taste and giving your tastebuds a relief?
Corn sundal recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi is one of those preparations that can bring a wonderful change. You can also make groundnut sundal recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi. The style of preparation is quite the same for both, the ingredients are different.
Corn sundal recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the famous preparations of south. However, people also try the groundnut sundal recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi.
So, have a look at these two recipes, here!
Corn Sundal Recipe
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Sweet corn - 1 cup (boiled)
2. Carrot - 1 (finely chopped)
3. Coconut - ½ cup (grated)
4. Salt as per taste
5. Coriander leaves - 1 sprig (chopped)
6. Ginger - ½ tsp (finely chopped)
7. Oil - 1 tsp
8. Urad dal - ½ tsp
9. Green chilli - 1
10. Red chilli -1
11. Curry leaves - 5 to 6
12. Asafetida - a pinch
13. Lemon juice - a few drops
1. Take a plate and separate the kernels with a knife.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil in it.
3. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
4. Now, add boiled corn, grated coconut, chopped carrots and ginger and mix everything well.
5. Add salt and lemon juice into it and add the asafetida.
6. Mix everything well and turn off the flame immediately.
7. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Corn sundal recipe for Ganesh Chaturthi is ready. Now, it's time for groundnut sundal. This recipe is also as simple as corn sundal, have a look.
Serves - 2
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes
1. Peanuts/Groundnuts - 1 cup (soaked)
2. Grated coconut - ½ cup
3. Ginger - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
4. Salt - as per taste
1. Oil - 2 tbsp
2. Urad dal - 1 tbsp
3. Mustard - 1 tsp
4. Green chilli - 1
5. Red chilli - 1
6. Asafetida - a pinch
7. Curry leaves - 5 to 6
8. Coriander leaves - for garnishing
1. Soak peanuts overnight.
2. On the next morning, drain the water and take a pressure cooker to cook the groundnuts with salt and ¾ cup of water.
3. Drain the water and keep it aside.
4. Take a pan and heat oil.
5. Add all tempering ingredients and also add in the nuts. Stir well.
6. Add grated coconut and mix everything well with all the other ingredients.
7. Quickly turn off the stove and transfer it into a serving bowl.
8. Your groundnut sundal is ready. Garnish with some coriander leaves.
Try these easy sundal recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi and enjoy the festival with everyone.