Sometimes, in search of the recipe of special dishes, you ignore the regular preparations. Many of you think special dishes need special occasions to make.
But, the fact is, you can make each day extraordinary by bringing exceptional touch to your regular dishes.
Aloo Matar is one of the most common dishes that is prepared in many households. It comprises of peas and potatoes and the curry is made with several spices.
Whether at lunch or dinner, with rice or roti, aloo matar can go well at anytime and with anything.
The preparation of aloo matar varies from state to state. The recipe of Rajasthan is quite different from the one prepared in Punjab. If you have not tried it yet, here are the ingredients and a detailed method of preparing the Punjabi aloo matar gravy. Have a look.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Oil - 2 tbsp
2. Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
3. Onions - ¾th cup (chopped)
4. Garlic - 1 tsp (chopped)
5. Ginger - 1 tsp (chopped)
6. Green Chilli Paste - 1 tsp
7. Tomatoes - 1 cup (chopped)
8. Water as needed
9. Green Peas - 1 cup (boiled)
10. Potato Cubes - 1½ cup (boiled)
11. Salt to taste
12. Red Chilli Powder - 1½ tsp
13. Garam Masala - ½ tsp
14. Turmeric - a pinch
15. Coriander Leaves - 1 tsp (chopped)
1. Take a non-stick pan and heat oil. Now, add cumin seeds into it. When it starts spluttering, add chopped onions.Sauté well, until the onion turns golden brown in colour.
2. Now, add garlic, ginger, tomatoes and green chilli paste into it. If you see tomatoes need time to be cooked, add one tbsp of water into it.
3. Now, mix well and smash the tomatoes a bit. When all the spices are cooked, add green peas and potatoes into it.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder into it and mix everything well.Now, add one cup of water and let the curry boil.
5. Smash potatoes a little, so that the curry becomes thicker.
6. Now, your aloo matar ki sabji is ready to be served. Turn off the stove and serve in a serving bowl.Garnish with chopped coriander.
The recipe is too easy to make, right? It tastes so yummy that you can even have it with bread. Kids, who run away from vegetables, will love to have this if you serve it with rice or roti.