It is believed that no matter what difficulties that you are going through in your lives, if you pray and believe in lord Shiva, all your problems will be solved.
As this is the month of Shravana, Lord Shiva is offered a special puja and other important rituals are carried out during this auspicious masa or month. Apart from offering prayers, you can cook some favourite dishes to be offered to lord Shiva as well.
Also Read: Spicy Kodubale For Shravana Masa
Dry grapes or raisins, almonds, cashews, etc., are the most loved food items of lord Shiva.
So in order to please the lord, you can prepare a special kheer recipe using these dry fruits. You can first offer this kheer recipe to the Lord and then serve it as prasadam to your family members.
So, here's an easy dry fruit kheer recipe that you can prepare to offer it to lord Shiva.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- Raisins - 1/2 cup
- Cashews - 8 to 10
- Dates - 8 to 10
- Vermicelli - 1 cup
- Milkmaid - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cardamom - 4 to 5
- Ghee - 2 teaspoons
Also Read: Special Recipes For Lord Shiva
- Soak the dates in water and leave them overnight.
- After the mentioned time, grind the soaked dates in a mixy to make it into a smooth paste.
- Keep the dates mixture aside.
- Now, take a pan and add some milk and sugar to it.
- Then, add the vermicelli to it and keep stirring.
- Make sure that no lumps are formed.
- After ten minutes, add the ground dates paste mixture to the pan and mix it well.
- Then, add some milkmaid and cardamom. Keep stirring.
- Now, take another small pan.
- Add ghee to it, and once hot, add the raisins, almonds and cahews.
- Now, add this mixture to the milk pan.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
Serve this to Lord Shiva as a naivedyam.
Prepare this special dry fruit kheer recipe and let us know your feedback.