- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which is great benefit to your health and surprisingly this so called ' Fruit ' can be useful in many ways like that of weight loss, it can help to prevent the risk of certain kinds of breast, neck and head cancers too.
The taste of tomatoes vary, sweet most of the time , but in some cases the tomatoes are sour and tangy too.
Tomatoes can make a wonderful sweet dish, let me take you to a land of sweetness “Tomato Halwa"
You will need:-
75gms Ghee or Butter
75 gms Corn flour
25gms roasted almonds
25gms roasted cashews
5gms cardamon powder
- First you have to cut the tomatoes into fine pieces and then blend them into a puree. Strain the puree using a fine cloth and separate the pulp.
- Add one glass of water and corn flour to the tomato puree. Mix well and set it aside.
- Mix the sugar along with one cup of water and bring it to a boil for a few minutes.
- While it is boiling add in the tomato mixture to the sugar syrup and mix it well until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the ghee or butter and stir it for a few minutes until mixed well.
- Now add in the roasted almonds, the roasted cashews and the cardamon powder and mix it well.
- Now pour this mixture onto a greased plate and set aside until it gets nice and cool. Don't place it in the refrigerator, let it be in room temperature itself.
- After it has cooled down , cut in into diamond shaped pieces
Your 'Tomato Halwa' is now ready to eat. Enjoy this great sweet dish on a nice sunny afternoon.