- News Clear revenue share dues as per SC order: Telecom firms told
- Technology Motorola Sales Declined By 71% During The Last Financial Year: Report
- Movies Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Spend Big Bucks On Real Estate For Their Home In LA
- Sports Tigresses and Lionesses setup final clash after recording thumping wins on Day 2
- Automobiles Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- Finance Retail Inflation At 16-Month High In Oct; Breaches RBI's Target Of 4%
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
Tulsi (basil) plant is holy in Hindu tradition. According to Hindus, Tulsi is the incarnation of Goddess Laxmi. Tulsi vivah is a celebration of tulsi's marriage with shaligram or Lord Krishna. This year, in 2019, the festival will be celebrated on 9 November.
This festival is very common in Goa and other states of the country. Tulsi vivah is the festival in which several sweets recipes are prepared to enjoy the marriage. Sweet potato kheer is one common sweet dish recipe prepare during tulsi vivah.
Sweet potato kheer recipe for tulsi vivah:
1/2 kg sweet potatoes
4 cup coconut scraped
3 cups coconut milk
1/4 kg jaggery
1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
4 cup water
2 tbsp sago
7-8 almonds sliced
Directions to make sweet potato kheer recipe:
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into thin and small slices. Boil water and add sago. Stir well and then add the potato slices. Boil till the sweet potatoes become soft.
2. Heat a pan and melt jaggery. Mix melted jaggery in the boiling water and mix well.
3. Now add coconut milk in the boiling solution and stir for 5-8 minutes till it thickens. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Sprinkle cardamom powder and almond slices. Remove the kheer from the flame.
Sweet potato kheer recipe is ready to it. Serve it hot.