- News 7 arrested in Dalit thrashing incident in Rajasthan; protests in state assembly
- Movies Sidharth Shukla Becomes Most Tweeted BB Contestant Followed By Asim; Fans Trend #TwitterKingSid
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Gokulam Kerala hopeful ahead of away game against Neroca FC
- Technology Xiaomi Patents New Chip With 5G, Storage Options Together
- Finance LPG Cylinder Prices May Come Down In March: Pradhan
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
People have this conception that Ramzan recipes only incorporate meat and biriyani at the most. However, there is a wide variety in Ramzan recipes as well. There are vegetarian dishes that make great Iftar recipes and also some of the greatest sweet dishes that are only made during Ramzan. Take Qimami Seviyan for example. It is a special Lucknowi recipe that is prepared during the holy Islamic month of fasting.
Qimami Seviyan is a Ramzan recipe with a difference. Normally, seviyan or vermicelli is prepared a bit soggy with milk and sugar. But for this Lucknow special dish, the vermicelli is cooked a little dry and laced with sweetness. Be rest assured that this dish tastes just as delicious as it looks. So what are you waiting for, prepare this sweet dish to provide a fitting climax to your Iftar dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Vermicelli- 2 cups
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Milk- 3 cups
- Cardamom- 4-5
- Cloves- 4-5
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Almonds- 10
- Pistachios- 10
- Saffron- 1 pinch
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Saute the cardamom and cloves in it.
- Keep the fried spices aside and fry the seviyan or vermicelli in the ghee.
- Keep stirring to prevent the vermicelli from getting burned. You need to fry the vermicelli for at least 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of water in a pan and add sugar to it. Keep boiling the sugar until it turns into a thick sugar syrup. This should take about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup is made, pour the seviyan into it. Stir in 2 to 3 cups of milk and boil the mixture.
- In about 4-5 minutes, the milk will become creamy. Remember, seviyan has to be cooked with a minimum amount of milk for this dish.
- Garnish with fried cloves and cardamom. Also, decorate with almonds and pistachios.
Refrigerate the dish and serve it chilled for Iftar.