- Technology Head Injuries Have Spiked After Apple Launched Its iPhone: Researchers
- News Odisha OSSTET 2019: Eligibility criteria
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
A modak is a sweet dumpling that is very popular all over India. A modak recipe is also one of the essentials in many Hindu religious ceremonies like Ganesh Chaturthi. A modak can be of various flavours. The most popular among them being the plain one, kesari (saffron flavoured), moong dal etc. But here we will make a kesari modak using a very plain and simple modak recipe.
You can make kesari modak in two ways. In one modak recipe we may use a filling of coconuts and in the other we might not. But a sweet coconut filling will make the kesari modak all the more yummy. And you can easily make a modak at home as you need very little ingredients and time for it. And even children would love this sweet dumpling. Here is a simple recipe for making kesari modak.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Saffron- 2-3 pinch
- Maida (All purpose flour)- 3 cups
- Rava (Chiroti rava)- 3tsp
- Sugar Syrup- 6-7tbsp
- Coconut- 1-1 ½ cups (powder)
- Cardamom- 1-2 tsp (powder)
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Vegetable Oil- 2-3 cups
- Take the saffron in a small bowl and add 3-4tbsp of water to it. Cover this with a small plate and let it stay for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, take the maida (all purpose flour) in a large bowl and add the rava to it. Add the saffron water to it after the required time and knead well for 5 minutes.
- Now add some water and some salt to it. Again knead the whole mixture well for 8-10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Take a deep frying pan over the gas oven and keep it on a low flame. Add the sugar syrup to it.
- Stir it well for a minute or so and then add the coconut and cardamom powder. Stir for a minute over a low flame and then add the ghee to it. Stir for a minute and then bring it down. Keep aside and let it cool.
- Its time you take the dough and make small balls out of it. Roll out the dough balls into small round flat shapes.
- Take the coconut filling after it has cooled down and stuff 1tbsp of each inside the flat round dough shapes. Bring all the ends together with your hands.
- Place a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and keep on a medium flame. Deep fry all the modaks in them till golden in colour.
Serve them to your guest and family members and see how many appreciations you earn for it.