- 39 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 6 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Movies RIP Kobe Bryant: Rishi Kapoor Shares Son Ranbir Kapoor's Fan Moment With Basketball Legend
- News How China's deadly virus is sending shockwaves through Asia's tourism industry
- Sports Bumrah, Rabada best bowlers around; Kohli, Smith best batsmen: McGrath
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G Might See The Light Of Day But Not In International Markets
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
To make this Indian dessert recipe interesting you can add lots of dry fruits to it's filling. The effort involved in the making of the dish will remain the same even if the recipe for Holi is specially modified. By standards of festival recipes that are usually elaborate, this dish takes less time. Just about half an hour should be enough to prepare for and cook it.
Ingredients For Gujiya:
1. Maida or all purpose flour 1 cup
2. Ghee or clarified butter half cup
3. Sugar 2 tablespoons
4. Coconut (grated) 1 cup
5. Almonds (sliced) 1 tablespoon
6. Raisins or kishmish 1 tablespoon
7. Pistachios (chopped) 1 tablespoon
8. Cashew (sliced) 1 tablespoon
9. Chironji or charoli 1 teaspoon
10. Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
11. Kesar or saffron 1 pinch (for colouring)
12. Oil for deep frying (half of the pan)
Procedure For Gujiya:
- Pour the ghee over the maida and add half a cup of water to it. Knead a fluffy dough out of this to make the outer covering of your sweets.
- If you want to add colour to your dish then grind a few strands of kesar add add it to the dough for red colour. For green you can try fine powdered pista.
- Mix all the other ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl so that the consistency becomes even.
- Now roll out 5-8 flat breads (puris) from the dough and add spoonfuls of the filling to it. Roll it into halves and seal the edges of the puri with your fingers.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and when it is piping hot release the gujiyas in it. It will float up while frying on medium flame and when it is golden brown strain it.
Serve colourful and delicious Gujiyas to celebrate Holi in the true spirit.