- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 03 December 2020
- 12 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 12 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 12 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Navratri is that time of the year when most of the sweet recipes are prepared and offered to the goddess.
It is the most colourful and joyous festival that people can't wait to celebrate. On these nine days, each day a special sweet recipe is prepared and offered to each Goddess for Navratri. So, today we shall share this sweet recipe with you called coconut poli.
The main ingredients required to prepare coconut poli are all purpose flour, jaggery, coconut.
Many devotees in North India undergo fasting for all the nine days of the Navratri festival. And there are certain food restrictions during these 9 days as well, among which all purpose flour or atta is not consumed during the fast. So, you can add singhara atta or kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) while you prepare the coconut puran poli recipe.
So, take a quick look at how to prepare the coconut poli sweet recipe, also called obatu, for Navratri.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 45 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut - 1 cup
- A Few Cardamom Pods
1. In a wide bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, turmeric powder and water gradually while kneading it.
2.Once the dough is ready, add coconut oil, and gently knead it into the dough. Keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Grind the grated fresh coconut without adding any water.
4. For the filling, take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt.
5.After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
6. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it as well. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Allow it to cool.
7. Take a little dough and flatten it, then place some coconut filling in the centre and seal the dough from all sides. Flatten it a little bit.
8. Dust enough all purpose flour, and roll it out gently, you can roll it into medium thickness.
9. Heat a tawa and roast the coconut puran poli using ghee. Once done, your coconut puran poli is ready to be served with ghee.