- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- 8 hrs ago Travel Horoscope 2023: Fulfil Your Long-Standing Travel Dreams This Year To Exotic Destinations
- 9 hrs ago Compassion Meditation: How To Show True Compassion Towards Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- News Similar to Khanjawala accident, car hits scooty, drags rider for 350 meters in Delhi
- Finance Buy 5 Stocks That Can Soar Up To 60%: Motilal Oswal Top Stocks Recommendation
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Anjeer or fig is an important source of iron. It contains a lot of essential nutrients that the body needs. It has minerals such as phosphorus, Magnesium, calcium and more. Vitamins like Vitamin A and Vitamin B12 are abundant in anjeer. There are anti-oxidants in this seasonal fruit that makes it good for the general well-being of the body.
During the Holy month of Ramzan, the Muslim community holds a month long fast to honour the first sermon of their Prophet Muhammad. During this time, people consume some food early in the morning and start their fast.
They do not even consume a drop of water. This strenuous fast is broken only late in the evening. The food that I used to break the fast is supposed to be nutritious, rich, heavy and easily digestible at the same time. Water, dates and dry fruits were traditionally used to break fasts. Juices of fresh fruits are also popular in breaking fasts.
One popular food used to break the fast is Anjeer. This humble fruit is commonly found as a dry fruit and is packed with the nutrients that help refuel the body after the long and tiring fast. Today, we have for you a special recipe made with anjeer.
The anjeer burfi has the goodness of figs, dates and dry nuts. These all together make for a great food for breaking the fast. The prep work for the anjeer burfi is minimal and it takes less than 20 minutes for the anjeer burfi to be ready.
It is made with easily available ingredients and is very easy to make. What's more, it is totally free of added sugars as the sweetness comes from the figs and dates. It is therefore, ideal for people suffering from diabetes. Now, let's see how the anjeer burfi is made.
Preperation Time- 15 minutes
Cooking Time- 20 minutes
- Chopped dry figs- 1 cup
- Chopped dates- 1 cup
- Raisins- 2 tbsp
- Chopped dry nuts like, pistachios, badam, cashew- ½ cups
- Cardamom powder- a pinch
- Cinnamon powder or nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
Take a pan and dry roast the mixed chopped nuts till it is crispy and aromatic. Remove the nuts and set aside.
Now add the chopped dry figs to the same pan and sprinkle some water over it. Cook them on a low flame until they turn soft.
Add the dates, cardamom powder, cinnamon or nutmeg powder to the pan. Mix well and cook until the mixture is soft, mushy and sticky.
Add the ghee to this mixture. You may skip this step if you are using a non-stick pan and want to make the anjeer burfi healthier.
Cook the mixture further till it loses all the moisture and becomes firm. If using ghee, it will separate from the pan and the mixture will form a ball.
Take a plate and grease it well with ghee.
Spread the anjeer mixture on to the plate and smoothen the surface.
Cut into squares and serve.
These must be consumed the same day or can last up to a week if refrigerated.
- bollywood wardrobeEid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- bollywood wardrobeEid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Red Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Gauahar Khan, Mouni Roy, And Aditi Rao Hydari
- festivalsRamadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts That One Needs To Know
- festivalsRamadan 2021: Sehri And Iftar Timings That You Need To Know
- bollywood wardrobeEid-Ul-Fitr 2020: Hina Khan, Sara Ali Khan And Other B-Town Divas Give Ethnic Fashion Goals In White
- make up tipsLook Gorgeous With These Ramzan-special Beauty Tips
- diabetesRamadan And Diabetes: Risks And Solutions
- wellnessOvereating During Eid-ul-Fitr Can Cause These Health Problems
- festivalsEid-Ul-Fitr 2020: How to Celebrate This Holy Occasion
- wellnessEid ul-Fitr 2020: How To Prevent Binge-eating And Indigestion On This Day
- festivalsThings You Should Know About Ramzan
- festivalsMyths Of The Holy Month Of Ramzan Explained