- 2 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 3 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 3 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- 4 hrs ago Lung Diseases Caused By Breathing In Polluted Air
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Weekend Ka Vaar LIVE Updates: After Koena Mitra & Dalljiet Kaur, Who Will Get Evicted?
- News Campaigning in Maharashtra, Haryana ends: All you need to know about these assembly polls
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Sports La Liga: Atletico Madrid vs Valencia promises to be exciting
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
People from South India are gearing up for the most happening festival of the year - Ugadi. This harvest festival signals the beginning of a new year for the people of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and other allied areas.
Ugadi is the time of celebration and no festival is complete without food. So, here is a simple masala garelu recipe for Ugadi. A garelu is nothing but a variety of the South Indian vada. The masala garelu is prepared with herbs and spices which makes it a delightful dish. In fact, Ugadi is not deemed complete without preparing the garelu, payasam and pulihora.
So, take a look at the masala garelu recipe and give it a try on Ugadi.
Preparation time: 6 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Urad dal- 1 cup
- Ginger- 1 medium sized piece (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 3 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- ½ cup (chopped)
- Curry leaves- ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- for deep frying
1. Soak the urad dal in 3 cups of water for at least 6 hours.
2. After 6 hours, drain the water from the dal and grind it in a mixer with little water.
3. Make sure the dal batter is thick in consistency.
4. Then take the dal batter in a mixing bowl and add chopped onions, ginger, cumin seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt to it and mix well with your hands.
5. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
6. Now wet your hands with a little water and take golf ball sized batter in your palms.
7. Flatten the batter in shape of a vada and make a hole in the centre of it.
8. When the oil is sufficiently hot, fry the vadas on medium flame.
9. Fry till all the sides of the vada turn golden brown.
10. Once the vada is fried, transfer it to a serving plate.
11. Repeat the same steps to make more vadas or garelu.
Masala garelu is ready to be served. Enjoy these fried delights with coconut or peanut chutney.