- 1 hr ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 18 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 22 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- News Maharashtra minister Ashok Chavan tests positive for COVID-19
- Finance Indian Stock Markets Closed, Asia Trade Higher
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Everyone loves to munch on snacks. Be it a vegetarian snack or some non-vegetarian dish, food lovers just need an excuse to pick up snacks. While drinking you need a snack or while watching a movie, you need something to munch. Most commonly, snacks are light food items that can curb your hunger pangs for the moment. If you want to experiment with the snacks recipes, you are at the right place. As monsoon is approaching, it is time to try out some fired snacks. Aloo pakora is one of the most commonly prepared snack in the monsoon season. Try a variety of Aloo Pakora by adding a special ingredient, chura (beaten rice) to it.
Aloo pakora recipe with chura/poha:
Serves: 2 plates
Preparation time: 30-45 minutes
- Potatoes- 1 cup (boiled and peeled)
- Beaten rice/poha-chura- ½ cup
- All purpose flour/maida- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 3-5 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Ajwain/carom seeds- 1tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- In a big bowl, add the boiled potatoes. Mash them with the help of a spoon or use your fingers. Make sure the potatoes smash completely into a smooth paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, green chillies, ajwain, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and baking soda in the bowl. Mix the ingredients with mashed potatoes.
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan. When the oil becomes hot, mix beaten rice, poha in the potatoes bowl.
- Mix well and make small round balls of pakora. Coat the pakora balls with maida and then dip into the oil. Deep fry all the aloo pakora balls till they turn brown.
- When the pakoras look crisp, strain them out from the frying pan. Keep them on a tissue paper so that it absorbs excess oil.
Aloo pakora with chura or poha is ready. Enjoy this crisp snacks with tamarind or coriander chutney.